H and y parameters for CB and CE transistors

In summary, the conversation is about measuring CB and CE circuits and using a table to calculate h parameters. The speaker is unsure if they are using the table correctly and clarifies that zero values for current and voltage should be ignored. They also mention that both circuits are without resistance, which may affect the calculation of the Hie parameter.
evol_w10lv

Homework Statement

When I measure CB ciruit:
cx53fiyhqs1xxlokcfe.png

I have got these results:
xxer7tg35jruq8wnrxn.png

And here CE:
7i6xjfvb09dzkgncvt6i.png

1od1gc5pnuzqx0w8x0.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

So.. here is table, how to calculate h parameters:
onac6pa5p06f8jfg8zv.png

But I don't understand, am I using it correctly. When I use results of my table where results are 0, then always h parameters is 0 or infinity.
Both circuit is without resistance.. so Hie should be 0?
How to calculate there parameters correctly?

Physics news on Phys.org
Zero measured current just means your amperemeter was not precise enough. Ignore those (and maybe very small current values as well).
Zero voltage values: Similar issue, ignore them.

1. What are H and y parameters for CB and CE transistors?

H and y parameters are two different sets of parameters that are used to describe the behavior of a transistor in two different types of configurations. H parameters are used for the common-base (CB) configuration, while y parameters are used for the common-emitter (CE) configuration.

2. How are H and y parameters calculated?

H and y parameters are calculated using the input and output characteristics of the transistor. These characteristics include the current gain, voltage gain, and input and output impedances.

3. What do H and y parameters represent?

H and y parameters represent the relationship between the input and output voltages and currents of a transistor in a specific configuration. They can be used to analyze the small-signal behavior of a transistor and determine its performance in a circuit.

4. How are H and y parameters different from each other?

H and y parameters differ in the type of configuration they are used for and the values they represent. H parameters are used for the CB configuration and represent the current gain and input and output impedances. Y parameters are used for the CE configuration and represent the voltage gain and input and output admittances.

5. What are the practical applications of H and y parameters for CB and CE transistors?

H and y parameters are useful in circuit design, analysis, and troubleshooting. They can help determine the stability, bandwidth, and frequency response of a transistor circuit. They are also important in the design of amplifiers, oscillators, and other electronic circuits using transistors.