Having trouble coming up with this equation

• Thread starter black_hole
  • Start date
In summary, equations are crucial in scientific research as they allow for the analysis of complex relationships and aid in making predictions and testing hypotheses. To create an equation, one must identify variables, determine relationships, and utilize mathematical principles. Seek guidance if struggling with understanding these principles. Existing equations can be used with proper citation, but validation is necessary through experiments, data comparison, and feedback from other experts. Limitations and assumptions should also be considered and adjusted accordingly.
black_hole

Homework Statement

cupric bromide is heated. I know I should get cuprous bromide and bromide vapor
is this right? CuBr2 --> CuBr + Br2 ?

then, nitric acid is added to the cuprous bromide
CuBr + HNO3 --> ?

This is heated...I know I should get CuO...

then the CuO + CH4 --> Cu + H2O ?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
So, where is your problem? In predicting products?

--

What is the importance of having an equation in scientific research?

Equations are essential in scientific research as they provide a way to describe and analyze complex relationships between variables. They allow scientists to make predictions, test hypotheses, and understand the underlying mechanisms of natural phenomena.

How can I come up with an equation for my research?

The process of creating an equation for your research involves identifying the variables involved, determining the relationships between them, and then using mathematical principles to express those relationships. It may also involve testing and refining the equation through experiments or data analysis.

What should I do if I am having trouble understanding mathematical principles for creating an equation?

If you are struggling to understand mathematical principles, it may be helpful to seek guidance from a mentor or colleague who is knowledgeable in the subject. You can also consult textbooks, online resources, or attend workshops or courses to improve your understanding.

Can I use existing equations for my research?

Yes, you can use existing equations for your research as long as they are relevant and applicable to your study. However, it is important to properly cite the source and ensure that the equation is used correctly in your research.

How can I validate the accuracy of my equation?

The accuracy of an equation can be validated through various methods such as conducting experiments, comparing its predictions to real-world data, or obtaining feedback from other scientists in the field. It is also important to consider the limitations and assumptions of the equation and adjust them accordingly.