Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Help Again - Gr 12 Physics

1. Mar 6, 2006 #1
    hey again,
    still looking for projectile motion + circular motion problems (only in horizontal plane). Can anyone please help me make up a question with these two concepts in one. If possible make it a 5 STAR complex question!

I am also studying charged particles in a electric field which relates to circular motion and i am also studying SIMPLE HARMONIC MOTION. Any good complex / exam type questions you can offer will be very much appreicated!

thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 6, 2006 #2

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What level are you studying at?

4. Mar 6, 2006 #3

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

5. Mar 7, 2006 #4
    hey
    studying gr 12 physics
    also, thanks for the sites you provided, but already studied that last year
    still looking for a "CONICAL PENDULUM" problem
    thanks in advance

6. Mar 9, 2006 #5
    would you have any idea to combine a projectile + circular motion problem together ?

7. Mar 9, 2006 #6

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What if you had a paticle on a string under vertical circular motion and the string snapped at a given point.

8. Mar 9, 2006 #7
    You can make up a question with you throwing a rock which is attached to a string with another rock at the other end.... then you can calculate stuff like it's speed relative to the ground... etc...

It's very elementary, but hmm.

9. Mar 10, 2006 #8
    if it snapped, the particle would continue at a tangent,
    do you think you could combine SHM+CIRCULAR MOTION+PROJECTILE MOTION all in one question?

10. Mar 10, 2006 #9

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Circular motion is an example of SHM.

Yes, but if the circle was vertical you could calculate it's range/flight time, because there would be verticle acceleration due to g.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook