Help with Circuit: Get Edwin the Help He Needs!

• Engineering
  • Thread starter wiz0r
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuit
In summary, the conversation is about a college student seeking help with a physics problem on a forum. The student is struggling to understand how to combine resistors and is asking for a more intuitive answer. Another user helps explain that for a current of 0, the two node voltages must be the same and the ratio of the resistors must also be the same. The student thanks the user and expresses hope to see them around the forum in the future.
wiz0r
Hello, all. I know they are very smart people on this site, that's why I'm posting here. I'm on my first year of college, and I really need help with a problem(it's worth half a grade!) I'm sure, it's a pretty simple exercise for you all, but I do have trouble solving it. So, please, if you can be so kind, help me, please!

Here's the link to the exercise;

http://www.physics.uprm.edu/~mark/courses/FISI3172_I2007/OptionalProblem.pdf

Here it is. So, the current is 0, am I supposed to sum the first two resistances in series(1,2), then the other two(3,4) in series, then (12,34) on paralell?

I'm not sure, I'm not good at this right now, please help me, and be detailed, please!

Thanks a lot, if you help me. Bye

~Edwin

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
They are asking for a more intuitive answer than just combining the resistors. If the current I=0, what can you say about the two node voltages (one between R1, R2, and the other node between R3, R4)? And then, what can you say about the ratio of R1/R2 versus R3/R4?

I apologize, because I posted in a wrong section. Anyway, what I've gotten so far;

R1/R2=R3/R4

Two voltage dividers-ratios must be the same for zero current to flow.

Could that be the answer to the question?

wiz0r said:
I apologize, because I posted in a wrong section. Anyway, what I've gotten so far;

R1/R2=R3/R4

Two voltage dividers-ratios must be the same for zero current to flow.

Could that be the answer to the question?

Very good. That is what I would have put for the answer. Welcome to the PF, BTW.

Awesome, thanks man. Hope I can see you around here sometimes. See ya.

Related to Help with Circuit: Get Edwin the Help He Needs!

1. What is the purpose of this circuit?

The purpose of this circuit is to provide assistance to Edwin, who may have difficulties completing tasks on his own. It is designed to help him complete tasks and improve his overall quality of life.

2. What components are needed for this circuit?

The components needed for this circuit may vary depending on the specific assistance that Edwin needs. However, some common components that may be used include sensors, actuators, microcontrollers, and power sources.

3. How does this circuit work?

This circuit works by using sensors to detect Edwin's needs and triggers the appropriate response through the use of actuators. The microcontroller acts as the brain of the circuit, controlling the flow of information and coordinating the actions of the different components.

4. Can this circuit be customized for different needs?

Yes, this circuit can be customized to meet the specific needs of Edwin or any other individual. Different sensors and actuators can be added or adjusted to provide the necessary assistance.

5. Is this circuit safe to use?

Yes, this circuit is designed to be safe to use. However, it is important to properly install and maintain all components to ensure their safety. It is also recommended to regularly test and troubleshoot the circuit to prevent any potential hazards.