Help with ANSOFT MAXWELL 3D Magnetic material

In summary, the conversation is about assigning permanent magnetic materials in ANSOFT MAXWELL and setting the magnetization direction with x, y, and z unit vectors. The question is whether a specific material needs to be created for each body with a different rotation angle and how the transient solver will behave if the bodies are moved. The speaker also mentions an issue they had with the magnetization direction not turning with the rotation of the magnet-object in Maxwell 3D v11.
MOTASH
Hi

I'm having an issue ANSOFT MAXWELL :
Assigning a permanent magnetic material to a body (for ex NDFE35) provides me a means of setting the magnetization direction (through x,y,z unit vectors ) inside the material settings

so if i have multiple PM bodies rotated :-
1- do i need to create a specific material for each according to their rotation angle ?
2- how do the transient solver behave if these bodies are moved, will it correct the vectors accordingly?

it seems that I'm missing something, please help

Hi Motash,
I ever had the same issue. Then i was try to find it out, and unfortunately Maxwell didn't turn the magnetisation direction with the turning of the Magnet-object. I forgot, if I could use a formula with the angle as a variable parameter value in the XYZ- and coercivity rows at the material-databank, which represents the value of the turning. I'm not sure anymore. (Maybe I was too lazy and I just created several materials). Anyway I didn't like that habit of maxwell 3D v11
Oeder

1. What is ANSOFT MAXWELL 3D Magnetic material?

ANSOFT MAXWELL 3D Magnetic material is a software tool used for simulating and analyzing electromagnetic fields and devices. It is specifically designed for studying and optimizing the behavior of magnetic materials and their interaction with electromagnetic fields.

2. How does ANSOFT MAXWELL 3D Magnetic material work?

It uses finite element method (FEM) to solve Maxwell's equations and simulate the behavior of magnetic materials in complex electromagnetic environments. It allows users to create 3D models of their devices, define material properties, and apply various boundary conditions and excitation sources to analyze the behavior of the device.

3. What types of materials can be simulated with ANSOFT MAXWELL 3D Magnetic material?

It can simulate a wide range of magnetic materials, including permanent magnets, ferromagnetic materials, soft magnetic materials, and even superconductors. It also allows users to define custom material properties for more specialized simulations.

4. What are the applications of ANSOFT MAXWELL 3D Magnetic material?

This software is commonly used in industries such as electronics, automotive, aerospace, and renewable energy to design and optimize devices such as motors, transformers, sensors, and generators. It can also be used in research and development for studying new materials and designs.

5. Is ANSOFT MAXWELL 3D Magnetic material user-friendly?

While it may have a steep learning curve for beginners, it is a powerful and versatile tool that offers a user-friendly interface and extensive documentation and tutorials to help users get started. It also offers advanced features for experienced users to customize their simulations and obtain accurate results.