Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Help with ANSOFT MAXWELL 3D Magnetic material

1. Feb 4, 2015 #1
    Hi

I'm having an issue ANSOFT MAXWELL :
    Assigning a permanent magnetic material to a body (for ex NDFE35) provides me a means of setting the magnetization direction (through x,y,z unit vectors ) inside the material settings

so if i have multiple PM bodies rotated :-
    1- do i need to create a specific material for each according to their rotation angle ?
    2- how do the transient solver behave if these bodies are moved, will it correct the vectors accordingly?

it seems that i'm missing something, please help

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 9, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Apr 2, 2015 #3
    Hi Motash,
    I ever had the same issue. Then i was try to find it out, and unfortunately Maxwell didn't turn the magnetisation direction with the turning of the Magnet-object. I forgot, if I could use a formula with the angle as a variable parameter value in the XYZ- and coercivity rows at the material-databank, which represents the value of the turning. I'm not sure anymore. (Maybe I was too lazy and I just created several materials). Anyway I didn't like that habit of maxwell 3D v11
    Oeder

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook