Hollow cylinder magnet making contact with the circuit

In summary, the conversation discusses the movement of a circuit and a cylinder magnet in relation to each other. The concept of gain emf in the circuit is also mentioned, along with the use of Maxwell's equations and the formula F=v x B. The conversation also briefly touches on the different appearances of the two cylinders and the question of explaining the forces exerted on a charge in the charge's coordinate.
TwoEG

Homework Statement

mm.png

1. Circuit moves downward while cylinder magnet is fixed.

2. Cylinder magnet moves upward while circuit is fixed.

Gain emf in circuit.

Homework Equations

All those maxwell equations...
F=v x B

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]
So first question is not that hard. Circuit moves in a static magnetic field. Okay. And I saw second question. Hmm. isn't it just relatively the same case as 1st one? But I've never thought of F=v x B in this way. I tried to see moving uniform magnetic field in fixed charge's coordinate. But it's just uniform magnetic field that doesn't change with time. And me, charge doesn't move at all from my perspective.

To sum up, my question is how does moving-uniform magnetic field is expressed in fixed charge's coordinate and how can I explain the forces that exerted upon this charge?

Attachments

• mm.png
    mm.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,454
  • mm.png
    mm.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,595
Physics news on Phys.org
The cylinders look different. One appears to have a hole drilled in side. Other one has a slot.

scottdave said:
The cylinders look different. One appears to have a hole drilled in side. Other one has a slot.

Yes, but that's not main concern for me. (Maybe I should just attached another adequate picture.)

My question is, there is a magnet and a charge which moves relative to each other. In magnet's coordinate, force exerted on charge can be easily expressed via F = v x B. But how can I explain this force in this charge's coordinate? Clearly v here is zero, and in above case magnetic field is also just uniform.

Related to Hollow cylinder magnet making contact with the circuit

1. How does the hollow cylinder magnet make contact with the circuit?

The hollow cylinder magnet makes contact with the circuit through its circular flat ends. These ends have a flat surface that allows for direct contact with the circuit, allowing for the flow of electricity.

2. What materials are needed to create a hollow cylinder magnet for use in a circuit?

To create a hollow cylinder magnet for use in a circuit, you will need a ferromagnetic material, such as iron or nickel, to create the magnet itself. You will also need a non-magnetic material, such as plastic or wood, to create the hollow cylinder shape. Finally, you will need a conductive material, such as copper wire or metal contacts, to allow for the flow of electricity.

3. How does the hollow cylinder magnet affect the flow of electricity in the circuit?

The hollow cylinder magnet does not affect the flow of electricity in the circuit itself. Instead, it is used to create a magnetic field that can interact with other magnets or magnetic materials in the circuit. This can be used to control the flow of electricity or to create specific effects, such as generating electricity through motion.

4. Can a hollow cylinder magnet be used in any type of circuit?

Yes, a hollow cylinder magnet can be used in any type of circuit as long as it is designed and placed correctly. However, it is most commonly used in electronic devices and machines that require the use of magnets, such as electric motors, generators, and speakers.

5. How do you ensure that the hollow cylinder magnet is securely attached to the circuit?

To ensure that the hollow cylinder magnet is securely attached to the circuit, it is important to use a strong adhesive or fastening method, such as screws or clips. It is also important to make sure that the surface of the magnet and the circuit are clean and free of any debris, which could prevent a strong connection. Additionally, the size and strength of the magnet should be appropriate for the circuit it is being used in, to ensure a secure and functional attachment.