Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How did you come by your user name?

1. Oct 20, 2009 #1
    For some reason, I am always curious about how people get their usernames. For example, humanino discussed his in one thread and I never would have guessed it, but I should let him tell about it if he sees this thread and wants to.

I made up mine when I was disgusted with a former job and was ready to go on to another more promising one, and with a bit of a take on early children's books.

What's your story if you care to share?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 20, 2009 #2
    I got mine because I was trying to make up an email address that was original and didn't need to have any numbers in it :P

sorry.lol :) so then when I signed up for forums and online things after I had that email I always made suer it resembled my email. Most forums don't let you put the period so instead I stuck with Sorry!

4. Oct 20, 2009 #3

Office_Shredder

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4108/comic1q.png [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  5. Oct 20, 2009 #4
    [/URL]

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Nice comic:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Oct 20, 2009 #5
    Geez, this is strictly voluntary, for heaven's sake...

7. Oct 20, 2009 #6
    I was contemplating my username and started looking around my desk for ideas; I happened to be studying Cell Biology before getting online and saw the words "wobble base" underlined in my notes. Voila!

8. Oct 20, 2009 #7

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Arild Norton (mmmm..not EXACTLY Norton as my surname, but close enough)

9. Oct 20, 2009 #8

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

10. Oct 20, 2009 #9
    Those who have never jumped huge waves on a jetski, don't know what they are missing. It's very addictive and obssessive.

11. Oct 20, 2009 #10

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

A carry-over username from a different time and place when I was a summer student programmer.

12. Oct 20, 2009 #11
    watt, a unit of power.

13. Oct 20, 2009 #12

Borg

Gold Member

It's meant to be thought provoking about technology and the direction that it could be headed.

14. Oct 20, 2009 #13
    Mine's pretty self explanatory. That, and including myself, there's been over seven different B. Elliott's in my family.

15. Oct 20, 2009 #14

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Mine is just a random series of letters and numbers. The human mind has a propensity for finding patterns where there are none, and some PFers have made some assumptions about my name. I don't know why, my name is Fwodwick.

16. Oct 20, 2009 #15
    I just wanted something simple. I am sure that I was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich at the time as well.

17. Oct 20, 2009 #16
    Mine came from my complete lack of creativity. That combined with the fact that I don't care enough about a username on a forum to devote any time thinking up a good one.

18. Oct 20, 2009 #17

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Watt Var did you do that?

Oh... you're real power. :wink:

19. Oct 20, 2009 #18

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

20. Oct 20, 2009 #19

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

21. Oct 20, 2009 #20

turbo

Gold Member

I wish my last ferret Turbo could still be alive to be buddies with our new dog Duke. Duke is very gentle. One of my neighbors is the town's fire chief and he has his own one-man log-trucking business. His a big bear of a guy, and his little Pomeranian, Smokey goes with him everywhere. Duke met Smokey at a distance a week ago, and yesterday Ronnie brought her out in his arms for a close-up introduction. Duke was friendly and gentle, and probably could have lapped her to death. Tail-wagging all around!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook