How to Delete Saved Addresses in Internet Explorer

• Thread starter espania
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Delete
In summary, the conversation discusses how to delete saved addresses in the address bar in Internet Explorer. The suggested solution is to go to Tools > Internet Options > General and click on Clear History. The possibility of setting the number of days for tracking webpages is also mentioned. RTFM is suggested as a solution, but it is deemed unhelpful. It is clarified that Temporary Internet Files and History are different, but the advice is to delete both.
espania
How do i delete the addresses that are saved in the address bar in internet explorer?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Tools--------->Internet Options---------->General------------->Clear History.If u want to,u can set up to 0 days for the keeping track of the wabpages...

Daniel.

P.S.Quite a newbie to Windows,huh?

Here should apply the RTFM rule I think. :smile:

dextercioby said:
Tools--------->Internet Options---------->General------------->Clear History.If u want to,u can set up to 0 days for the keeping track of the wabpages...

Daniel.

P.S.Quite a newbie to Windows,huh?
On my version of Internet Explorer, it would be Tools--------->Internet Options---------->General------------->Temporary Internet Files--------->Delete Files. Say ok if it asks you if you want to delete.

Evo, "Temporary Internet Files" is different from the "History", I am sure you also have an option somewhere to empty the history (in "modern" versions of IE it is where Dextercioby sais, perhaps to be complete history should be added in his list: Tools->Internet Options->General->History->Clear History).

Ramollari, RTFM is never (never!) a helpfull comment... it is only annoying. People say that when they do not want to be nice, when they simply do not want to help and think the person asking the question should find it out themselves by digging through an often very long and unclear manual.

Evo,yeah,temporary internet files and history are a bit different.Anyway,the OP is adviced to delete them all.

Daniel.

gerben said:
Evo, "Temporary Internet Files" is different from the "History", I am sure you also have an option somewhere to empty the history (in "modern" versions of IE it is where Dextercioby sais, perhaps to be complete history should be added in his list: Tools->Internet Options->General->History->Clear History).
Yes, I know, I was thinking they just wanted to clear their cache, but re-reading it I guess they wanted to clear the history in the drop down box, my mistake.

1. How do I delete a single saved address in Internet Explorer?

To delete a single saved address in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on the gear icon in the top right corner.
2. Select "Internet options" from the drop-down menu.
3. In the "General" tab, under "Browsing history", click on "Settings".
4. In the "Temporary Internet files and website files" section, click on "View files".
5. This will open a window with all your saved addresses. Find the one you want to delete and right-click on it.
6. Select "Delete" from the menu and confirm the action.
7. The saved address will now be deleted from Internet Explorer.

2. How do I delete multiple saved addresses at once in Internet Explorer?

To delete multiple saved addresses at once in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
3. In the "General" tab, under "Browsing history", click on "Settings".
4. In the "Temporary Internet files and website files" section, click on "View files".
5. This will open a window with all your saved addresses. Hold down the "Ctrl" key on your keyboard and click on each address you want to delete.
6. Once you have selected all the addresses you want to delete, right-click on any of them and select "Delete".
7. Confirm the action and all the selected addresses will be deleted from Internet Explorer.

3. How do I clear all saved addresses in Internet Explorer?

To clear all saved addresses in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
3. In the "General" tab, under "Browsing history", click on "Delete".
4. Check the box next to "Form data" and uncheck all other boxes.
5. Click on "Delete" to clear all saved addresses in Internet Explorer.

4. How do I prevent Internet Explorer from saving addresses in the future?

To prevent Internet Explorer from saving addresses in the future, follow these steps:
3. In the "Content" tab, click on "Settings" under "Autocomplete".
4. Uncheck the box next to "Forms" and click on "Delete AutoComplete history".
5. This will prevent Internet Explorer from saving any addresses in the future.

5. Is there a way to recover a deleted saved address in Internet Explorer?

Unfortunately, once a saved address is deleted in Internet Explorer, it cannot be recovered. It is recommended to double-check before deleting any saved addresses to avoid losing important information. If the address was saved in a form, you may be able to retrieve it by checking your form history or by using a data recovery tool.