Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How do i delete ?

1. Mar 12, 2005 #1
    How do i delete the addresses that are saved in the address bar in internet explorer?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2005 #2

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Tools--------->Internet Options---------->General------------->Clear History.If u want to,u can set up to 0 days for the keeping track of the wabpages...

Daniel.

P.S.Quite a newbie to Windows,huh?

4. Mar 15, 2005 #3
    Here should apply the RTFM rule I think. :smile:

5. Mar 15, 2005 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

On my version of Internet Explorer, it would be Tools--------->Internet Options---------->General------------->Temporary Internet Files--------->Delete Files. Say ok if it asks you if you want to delete.

6. Mar 15, 2005 #5
    Evo, "Temporary Internet Files" is different from the "History", I am sure you also have an option somewhere to empty the history (in "modern" versions of IE it is where Dextercioby sais, perhaps to be complete history should be added in his list: Tools->Internet Options->General->History->Clear History).

Ramollari, RTFM is never (never!) a helpfull comment.... it is only annoying. People say that when they do not want to be nice, when they simply do not want to help and think the person asking the question should find it out themselves by digging through an often very long and unclear manual.

7. Mar 15, 2005 #6

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Evo,yeah,temporary internet files and history are a bit different.Anyway,the OP is adviced to delete them all.

Daniel.

8. Mar 15, 2005 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yes, I know, I was thinking they just wanted to clear their cache, but re-reading it I guess they wanted to clear the history in the drop down box, my mistake.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?