How to compute the location of the antenna when I rotate it?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Nate Duong
Messages
125
Reaction score
4
Hi group,

I have a question regarding to detect the location of the antenna.
I read this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plane_wave
In the "Complex exponential form" part, the equation:
U(r,t) = U0 * exp(j*(k.r - w*t) as the function of location and time
U0 = A0 * exp(j*phi) : A0 and phi are amplitude and phase respectively.
From U0, I can write down a complex number x and y (still in time domain)
x and y should be vector on the complex coordinate.

Now, I need to define value of amplitude and phase base on value of x and y. But I do not know x and y.
When I rotate the antenna, can I define the position, amplitude and phase?

I hope anyone can give me suggestions.

Thank you.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I do not understand the question, what you are trying to do, the relevance of the equations or the equipment you are using.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Nate Duong