1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to construct a Modified sine wave

1. Jun 9, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    Is it possible to generate a simple modified wave using simple circuit design? I know there is plenty of inverter available in the market, but I wish I can construct 1 by myself. How can I get started?

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2012 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF.

So your question is about how to design and build an inverter for generating AC Mains power? There are a number of threads on this topic here on the PF. You can use the Search feature at the top of the page to find some of those threads. Have a read through a few of them, and if you have more specific questions, please post them here in this thread.

Also, this is not a project for a beginner in electronics. It involves dangerous voltages and power levels. How much experience do you have with electronics and AC Mains circuitry?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook