How to generate graph and known formula

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking guidance on how to create a graph using a software and how to generate the formula for the data points. They also ask for a recommended website for learning how to effectively use Excel.
Hamadsultan
Hi guys;
I am working in oil and gas department. I attach a sample graph here. Plz guide me how i make these graph by using which software? and the other problem is that how i generate the formula in which these values are calculated?
please help me i am very thankful all of you.
takecare
bye

Attachments

• graph.JPG
    graph.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 502
Mathematics news on Phys.org
hi friends please help me.
thanks

Hamadsultan said:
Hi guys;
I am working in oil and gas department. I attach a sample graph here. Plz guide me how i make these graph by using which software? and the other problem is that how i generate the formula in which these values are calculated?
please help me i am very thankful all of you.
takecare
bye

You could enter lots of datapoints into Excel, then generate a duplicate set of plots, and then use the curve fitting features of Excel to give you approximate formulas for each curve. Have you used Excel much?

Thanks for help Sir;
Do u have any link or sugeest me a website where from i read this feature of excell in which describe step by step how to use it effectively?
thanks
takecare
bye

Dear sir;
also please guide me that this type of graph lies in which categeroy or types of graph?

Hamadsultan said:
Thanks for help Sir;
Do u have any link or sugeest me a website where from i read this feature of excell in which describe step by step how to use it effectively?
thanks
takecare
bye

I googled Microsoft Excel Tutorial, and got lots of hits. Here's one of the first ones:

http://www.baycongroup.com/excel2007/excel-2007.htm

Last edited by a moderator:

1. How do I generate a graph from a known formula?

To generate a graph from a known formula, you will need to use a graphing software or a graphing calculator. Input the formula into the software or calculator and choose the appropriate settings to display the graph.

2. What is the purpose of generating a graph from a known formula?

The purpose of generating a graph from a known formula is to visually represent the relationship between two variables. This can help in understanding the behavior of the formula and making predictions.

3. What type of graph should I use for a known formula?

The type of graph you should use for a known formula depends on the type of formula and the variables involved. A line graph is commonly used for linear equations, while a scatter plot is suitable for nonlinear equations.

4. Do I need to have advanced mathematical knowledge to generate a graph from a known formula?

No, you do not need to have advanced mathematical knowledge to generate a graph from a known formula. However, a basic understanding of the formula and its variables is necessary to accurately interpret the graph.

5. Can I change the scale of the graph when generating it from a known formula?

Yes, you can change the scale of the graph when generating it from a known formula. This can be done in the settings of the graphing software or calculator, allowing you to zoom in or out and adjust the range of values displayed.