How Can a High School Student Improve Their AP Physics 1 Grade?

thaPhysicsPerson
Im going to make this quick
High School Student currently in AP Physics 1 with strong math background(Currently in Calc BC)
Problem: Consistently stuck at a B+ no matter how much practice
Goal: Try to reach at-least an A-
Issue: I find tests consist of materials that I haven't practiced before and I have no access to past tests or practice tests that test simliar material.

Currently Using:
For practice Problems https://aswarphysics.weebly.com/upl...uestions_to_know_by_test_day___pdfdrive__.pdf
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0990724301/?tag=pfamazon01-20
khan academy

Physics news on Phys.org
thaPhysicsPerson said:
I find tests consist of materials that I haven't practiced before and I have no access to past tests or practice tests that test simliar material.
If you intend to pursue a career in physics this is the type of test you will most likely face again and again something that is not quite what you have encountered before. The questions will draw on knowledge gleaned from other problems. You will be asked to demonstrate your understanding by using that knowledge in new situations. That is what separates the A's from the B's.

You will need to strive for a fuller understanding of the principles. You may say that you understand the principles but your issues say something different. Perhaps reading different presentations (texts) will provide insights and improve your understanding.

Likes Math100 and Vanadium 50
thaPhysicsPerson said:
Im going to make this quick
High School Student currently in AP Physics 1 with strong math background(Currently in Calc BC)
Problem: Consistently stuck at a B+ no matter how much practice
Goal: Try to reach at-least an A-
Issue: I find tests consist of materials that I haven't practiced before and I have no access to past tests or practice tests that test simliar material.

Currently Using:
For practice Problems https://aswarphysics.weebly.com/upl...uestions_to_know_by_test_day___pdfdrive__.pdf
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0990724301/?tag=pfamazon01-20
khan academy
Which problems in that pdf do you have trouble with.

1. What are some effective study strategies for Physics?

Some effective strategies for studying Physics include practicing problems, creating study guides, using flashcards, and reviewing class notes and textbook material regularly.

2. How should I approach studying for Physics exams?

When studying for Physics exams, it is important to start early and break up the material into smaller, manageable chunks. Practice problems and review notes frequently, and consider seeking help from a tutor or teacher if needed.

3. What resources can I use to study for Physics?

There are many resources available for studying Physics, including textbooks, online tutorials, study guides, and practice problems. Your teacher or school may also offer additional resources or study sessions.

4. How can I improve my understanding of difficult Physics concepts?

If you are struggling with a particular concept in Physics, try breaking it down into smaller parts and using visual aids or real-life examples to help you understand it better. You can also seek help from a teacher or classmate, or use online resources for additional explanations.

5. Is it better to study alone or in a group for Physics?

This can vary depending on personal learning style, but many students find it helpful to study both alone and in a group. Studying alone allows for focused, individualized learning, while studying in a group can provide the opportunity to discuss and clarify difficult concepts with peers.