How we make Voltage limiting

• Thread starter karim102
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Voltage
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of voltage limiting and the need for ideas to create a sample device. The speaker suggests using a diode as a voltage clamp and also mentions the option of using a LM7805 linear regulator for a simpler design. The speaker also asks for more context to provide better help.
karim102
Hi,:rolleyes:
how you doin?? I work to make voltage Limiting. but I need some idea to make sample device. I f anyone can help plaese do it. I need diagram about his\her idea.

thanks a lot
I appreciate it :wink:

Engineering news on Phys.org
We would need more details to be of help. If you mean a voltage clamp, then the simplest is just a diode. Say you want to clamp some voltage supply to 5.6V, then you just connect the cathode of the diode to your voltage source, and the anode to a stiff 5V supply. Of course, you have to think about currents, powers, etc. when you pick the diode for this.

What is the context of your question?

Sorry, I mean Volage regulator. How we can make simple design.

Are you limited so you can't use a LM78xx or LM79xx linear regulator? Something like a LM7805 is about as simple as it gets and more elegant than a zener diode as a clamp.

1. How does voltage limiting work?

Voltage limiting works by using electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, and diodes to reduce or regulate the voltage in a circuit. These components are arranged in a specific configuration to control the flow of electricity and limit the voltage to a desired level.

2. Why is voltage limiting important?

Voltage limiting is important because it helps protect electronic devices from damage caused by high voltages. It also ensures that the circuit operates within a safe voltage range, preventing overheating and potential hazards such as electric shocks.

3. What are some common methods for voltage limiting?

Some common methods for voltage limiting include using zener diodes, voltage regulators, voltage dividers, and transient voltage suppression (TVS) diodes. Each method has its own advantages and is suitable for different applications.

4. Can voltage limiting be adjusted?

Yes, voltage limiting can be adjusted by changing the values of the electronic components used in the circuit. For example, by using a different value resistor in a voltage divider, the output voltage can be adjusted to a desired level.

5. How do we determine the appropriate voltage limit for a circuit?

The appropriate voltage limit for a circuit depends on the specific components used and their voltage ratings, as well as the desired functionality of the circuit. Factors such as input voltage, load current, and temperature should also be considered when determining the appropriate voltage limit.