Hwk helpp p thanks in advance

• Thread starter evaboo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with their homework on mathematical induction. They ask for examples and for the steps to be shown clearly. Four examples are given, including proving a formula and solving an equation. The conversation ends with a reminder to read the homework guidelines and a request for ideas.
evaboo
hwk helpp please helpp! thanks in advance

"Prove each of the following using Mathematical induction;" show all steps
pleasee someone help.. i have a test on this tommorow and i just need some examples.. could you also try to show all steps including the words so i understand how you got there? thakns so much in advance~!

1. -1/2, -1/4, -1/8... -1/2^n = (1/(2^n))-1

2. a + (a+d)+(a+2d)+...+[a+(n-1)d] = (n/2)[2a+(n-1)d]

3. 1^3 + 2^3 + 3^3... + n^3 = (n^2(n+1)^2)/(4)

4. show that (3^(4n))-1 is dividislbe by 80 for all positive integral values of n

Physics news on Phys.org
Well,did u read the HW section guidelines ?We don't do hw-s here,we only help people do their homeworks,if they get stuck.

But u haven't even started.How about some ideas...?

Daniel.

EDIT:Please,DO NOT DOUBLE POST !

Hello, let me help you with these problems using mathematical induction.

1. Base Case: For n = 1, we have -1/2 = (1/2) - 1 = -1/2. This is true.

2. Inductive Hypothesis: Assume that the formula holds for some positive integer k.

3. Inductive Step: We need to show that the formula holds for k+1.

a + (a+d)+(a+2d)+...+[a+(k-1)d]+[a+kd] = (k/2)[2a+(k-1)d]+[a+kd] (by inductive hypothesis)
= (k/2)[2a+kd] (since [a+kd] = 2a+kd)
= (k/2)[2a+(k+1)d]
= [(k+1)/2][2a+(k+1)d]

Therefore, the formula holds for k+1, and by mathematical induction, it holds for all positive integers n.

3. Base Case: For n = 1, we have 1^3 = (1^2(1+1)^2)/(4) = 1. This is true.

4. Inductive Hypothesis: Assume that the formula holds for some positive integer k.

5. Inductive Step: We need to show that the formula holds for k+1.

1^3 + 2^3 + 3^3... + k^3 + (k+1)^3 = (k^2(k+1)^2)/4 + (k+1)^3 (by inductive hypothesis)
= (k^4 + 2k^3 + k^2)/4 + (k+1)^3
= (k^4 + 2k^3 + k^2 + 4k^3 + 12k^2 + 12k + 4)/4 (by expanding (k+1)^3)
= (k+1)^2(k+2)^2/4

Therefore, the formula holds for k+1, and by mathematical induction, it holds for all positive integers n.

4. Base Case: For n = 1, we have (3^(4*1))-1 = 80 which is divisible by 80. This is true.

5. Inductive Hypothesis: Assume that the formula

Related to Hwk helpp p thanks in advance

1. What is "Hwk helpp p thanks in advance"?

"Hwk helpp p thanks in advance" is likely a request for help with a homework assignment, with the person thanking others in advance for their assistance.

2. How can I help with "Hwk helpp p thanks in advance"?

If you are knowledgeable about the subject, you can offer to help with the homework assignment. If you are not familiar with the topic, you can direct the person to resources or offer to proofread their work.

3. Is it okay to ask for help with "Hwk helpp p thanks in advance"?

It is always okay to ask for help when you need it. However, it is important to make sure that you are still putting in effort and not simply relying on others to do the work for you.

4. Can someone do my "Hwk helpp p thanks in advance" for me?

It is not ethical for someone else to do your homework for you. It is important to put in your own effort and learn from the assignment. However, it is okay to ask for guidance and clarification.

5. How can I improve my "Hwk helpp p thanks in advance"?

To improve your "Hwk helpp p thanks in advance", you can ask for feedback from others, do your own research, and make sure to follow any instructions or guidelines provided by your teacher or professor. It is also helpful to start early and give yourself enough time to complete the assignment.