Testing My Drag Car: Seeking Advice

In summary, before testing your drag car, it is important to ensure that all components are in good working condition and that safety equipment is properly checked. There are various ways to record data during testing, including using a data logger, video camera, or having someone manually record. The number of test runs should be based on your goals and the condition of your car, with at least 5-10 runs recommended. Safety should always be a top priority during testing, and the data collected can be used to make improvements and adjustments to the car. It is also beneficial to keep track of the data for future reference and to share with others for analysis and advice.
462chevelle
Gold Member
I have a drag car I'm wanting to do some testing on . Would anyone mind giving me some insight. A Pm or on here is fine. thanks.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
You really need to put more than 30 seconds into your post if you want to solcit useful responses.

I'll tell you straight up that if you're wanting to test an electrolysis cell in your car to inject Oxygen and Hydrogen into your engine, it's a waste of time. See here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=144105

1. How should I prepare my drag car for testing?

Before testing your drag car, it is important to make sure that all components are in good working condition. This includes checking the engine, transmission, brakes, and tires. You should also check the fluid levels and make sure they are topped off. It is also a good idea to double check all safety equipment, such as seat belts and harnesses.

2. What is the best way to record data during testing?

There are a few different ways to record data during testing. One option is to use a data logger, which will track various parameters such as speed, acceleration, and engine performance. Another option is to use a video camera to capture the run from different angles. Lastly, you can also have someone in the car with you who can take notes and record data manually.

3. How many test runs should I do?

The number of test runs you do will depend on your specific goals and the condition of your car. It is recommended to start with a few shorter runs to warm up the car and make sure everything is working properly. Then, you can gradually increase the length and intensity of the runs. It is generally a good idea to do at least 5-10 runs to gather enough data and make any necessary adjustments.

4. How can I ensure the safety of myself and others during testing?

Safety should always be a top priority during testing. Make sure you and anyone else involved in the testing are wearing proper safety gear, including helmets and fire suits. It is also important to have a clear designated area for testing and to follow all safety protocols. It is also a good idea to have a spotter who can communicate with you during the test runs.

5. What should I do with the data I collect during testing?

The data you collect during testing can be used to make adjustments and improvements to your drag car. You can analyze the data to see areas where you can make changes for better performance. It is also a good idea to keep track of this data for future reference and comparison. Additionally, you can share your data with other drag racers or experts for further analysis and advice.