Is Holding the Door Open for Women Considered Sexist?

• Thread starter Char. Limit
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of holding doors open for others, particularly women. The initial speaker recounts an experience where they were called sexist for this act of kindness. Various responses and opinions are shared, with some advocating for continuing the act and others suggesting to stop in order to avoid being labeled as sexist. There are also jokes and personal anecdotes shared about women's behavior and the role of chivalry in today's society. Overall, the conversation touches on the complexities and controversies surrounding gender roles and expectations.
Georgina, it's not like I have full control over every slight change of topic this thread takes. I'm not the only one contributing, and I'll be damned if I'm going to force others to stay on a narrow and pretty well discussed topic without allowing them to discuss even related things.

On another note, I may not respect Tiger as a person (or I might, I've never met him), but damn if he isn't a good golfer. Let him play golf, that's all I want to see...

Physics news on Phys.org
There are people in this world that will call you sexist if you try to help out a lady lifting her luggage they will accuse you of being a man that considers women weak and timid you know, the FEMINISTS these type of people are so frustrating to deal with these people never see the difference between men and women and one day they will probably demand to see boxing matches between men and women they are too ignorant to realize that they are not helping women by spreading their views but actually doing the opposite.

She was hitting on you bro, should've asked for them digits.