I need some help with this project (optics and lens design)

In summary, the speaker is trying to add a lens or lenses to their camera to focus the image on a film plane of 15mm instead of the current 120mm. They are looking for a lens with a focal length of 60mm or greater and are open to changing the focal length to achieve their goal.
Warsaw
The diagram below is not to scale. I'm trying to add a lens (or lenses) behind the one shown in this camera so that I can focus the image on a film plane of 15mm, rather than the current 120mm (Y). The focal length (X) needs to be at or greater than the current 60mm. What would the specifications be of a lens to accomplish this? Is it possible?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

lenscopy.gif

Science news on Phys.org
If you have a chosen focal length then the size of the image is already fixed.
You can add extra lenses but that changes the focal length.
Or you can also chose to only use the central 15mm of the image

It's not a problem if I have to change the focal length. Shrinking the 120mm image down to 15mm is my goal here.

1. How do I choose the right lenses for my project?

The first step in choosing the right lenses for your project is to clearly define your project goals and requirements. This will help determine the type of lenses you need, such as spherical or aspherical, and the focal length and aperture size. Additionally, consider factors such as cost, availability, and compatibility with other components in your setup.

2. What are the key parameters to consider when designing a lens system?

The key parameters to consider when designing a lens system include the focal length, aperture size, lens material, and lens shape. Other important factors may include aberrations, distortion, and light transmission efficiency. It is important to balance these parameters to achieve the desired performance for your project.

3. Can you recommend any software or tools for lens design?

There are many software and tools available for lens design, such as Zemax, Code V, and OpticStudio. These programs allow you to simulate and analyze different lens designs, optimize parameters, and predict performance. However, they can be expensive and may require specialized training.

4. How can I ensure my lens system meets the required specifications?

To ensure your lens system meets the required specifications, it is important to perform rigorous testing and analysis. This can include measuring parameters such as focal length, distortion, and light transmission efficiency. Additionally, it is important to consider real-world conditions and potential sources of error, such as temperature and environmental factors.

5. What are some common challenges in lens design and how can I overcome them?

Some common challenges in lens design include minimizing aberrations, achieving a large depth of field, and reducing cost and complexity. These challenges can be addressed through careful selection of lens materials, optimization of parameters, and considering trade-offs between performance and cost. Additionally, seeking advice from experienced professionals or collaborating with a team can help overcome these challenges.