I need suggestions for a new graphics card ?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the issue of the person's four Nvidia 580s not being fast enough for their needs and seeking suggestions for a new graphics card. Money is not an issue and the conversation mentions the possibility of using Quadro 6000 or Firepro 9800. Tom's Hardware is suggested as a good source for information on graphics cards. There is also a discussion about potential reasons why the quad SLI setup may not be enough, including heavy duty CAD work or poorly optimized games.
alijayadv
I've got four nvidia 580s runnIng in quad SLI, but they are just not cutting it for me anymore speed wise. Any suggestions? Money is not an issue.

Computer science news on Phys.org
the 580's are the best cards available on the market right now. what are you doing that quad SLI is not good enough anymore?

ugh, this must be a joke. there isn't a game out there or will be out this year that you can't run max settings. I'm running Skyrim on a GTX 560 with max settings and no problems.

well let's not judge the lad too harshly. maybe he's doing some heavy duty CAD stuff that 3d gaming cards aren't good at. let's see if we can get a few more details about what's going on.

I need suggestions for a new graphics card...?

Tom's Hardware
This is a really good source of information. Gives you a review of cards organized by price.

Are there software developers that are willing to shoot themselves in the foot by putting out games that can't run on current high-end hardware? Seems not to be a good business model to me.

I would love to know what you are doing that 4x580s can't handle... it can't be gaming

1. What factors should I consider when choosing a new graphics card?

When choosing a new graphics card, you should consider your budget, the compatibility with your computer's motherboard, the power requirements, the type of games or programs you will be using, and the desired performance level.

2. How do I know if my computer needs a new graphics card?

If you experience lag or low frame rates in games or your computer struggles to run graphics-intensive programs, it may be a sign that you need a new graphics card. You can also check your current graphics card's specifications and compare it to the recommended requirements for the games or programs you want to use.

3. What is the difference between a dedicated and integrated graphics card?

A dedicated graphics card has its own processor and memory, solely dedicated to handling graphics tasks. An integrated graphics card uses a portion of the computer's RAM and processor to handle graphics. Dedicated graphics cards offer better performance for gaming and intensive graphics tasks, while integrated graphics are more suitable for basic tasks like web browsing and document editing.

4. How much should I spend on a new graphics card?

The price of a new graphics card can vary greatly depending on the brand, model, and performance level. It is recommended to set a budget based on your needs and do research on the best options within that budget. Keep in mind that a higher price does not always guarantee better performance.

5. Can I upgrade my graphics card myself?

Yes, you can upgrade your graphics card yourself as long as you have basic knowledge of computer hardware and the necessary tools. However, if you are not confident in your abilities, it is best to seek professional help to avoid any potential damage to your computer.