Ideal Gas Problem | Get Help Now!

In summary, one person is asking for help understanding a problem on a forum and another person is reminding them to follow forum rules by showing their work before receiving help. They also ask about relevant equations and the Ideal Gas Law. The original poster then says they have already solved the problem and will remember to show their work in the future.
mimimycin
Homework Statement
If from any He balloon (has some radius) is getaway some amount of gas, what will happen to its radius?
T and P is const. And under ideal gas conditions.
Relevant Equations
I will be glad if there is someone who can explain to me.
thanks beforehand.
I tried actually, but i don't think it's that easy.
Hello guys.
I really try to understand the problem, can you please help.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Per the PF rules, you need to show us your work before we can offer tutorial help.

What Relevant Equations do you think apply? What is the equation for the volume of a sphere as a function of radius? What is the Ideal Gas Law, and do you think you could apply it to this problem?

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Per the PF rules, you need to show us your work before we can offer tutorial help.

What Relevant Equations do you think apply? What is the equation for the volume of a sphere as a function of radius? What is the Ideal Gas Law, and do you think you could apply it to this problem?
ahh okay, I will do next time. You can refuse my post. I did already because :)thanks anyway

mimimycin said:
ahh okay, I will do next time. You can refuse my post. I did already because :)thanks anyway
I'm having trouble parsing your post, but I think you're saying that you solved this problem already and don't need any more help on it, and that you'll be sure to post your work next time. Did I understand your post correctly? :smile:

1. What is an ideal gas problem?

An ideal gas problem is a physics concept used to model the behavior of gases at standard temperature and pressure. It assumes that the gas molecules are in constant, random motion and do not interact with each other.

2. What is the ideal gas law?

The ideal gas law is a mathematical equation that relates the pressure, volume, temperature, and number of moles of an ideal gas. It is expressed as PV = nRT, where P is the pressure, V is the volume, n is the number of moles, R is the gas constant, and T is the temperature.

3. How do you solve an ideal gas problem?

To solve an ideal gas problem, you need to use the ideal gas law and substitute in the given values for pressure, volume, temperature, and number of moles. Then, you can rearrange the equation to solve for the desired variable.

4. What are the assumptions of an ideal gas problem?

The assumptions of an ideal gas problem include that the gas molecules are in constant, random motion, and there are no intermolecular forces between them. It also assumes that the gas is at standard temperature and pressure.

5. How is an ideal gas problem different from a real gas problem?

An ideal gas problem assumes that gases behave ideally, meaning they do not interact with each other. In reality, gases do have intermolecular forces and may deviate from the ideal gas law at high pressures and low temperatures. Real gas problems require additional corrections and factors to account for these deviations.