Solving a Funny Problem - Onmouseover Status Bar Issues

In summary, there is a problem with the status bar not appearing on one machine while using the code "onmouseover="window.status='hello'" and "onmouseout="window.status=''" in a PHP page. This code works on another machine with the same settings. The cause of this issue is unknown and it has been observed that the code works properly on Firefox.
Omid
We have a funny problem :bugeye:

In a PHP page we have used following code:

onmouseover="window.status='hello'"

I runned the page on two diffrenet machines both runnig win XP and both with the same IE version (6.0.29).
In my surprise, on one of them, there is no status bar. But on the other one the status bar is working and the 'hello' message is shown properly.
What could be the reason?
What can we do to solve the problem?

P.S Both of them have the same screen resolution 1024*768.

Computer science news on Phys.org
It should be onmouseover="window.status='hello'; return true" and onmouseout="window.status=''; return true"

yes it is

dduardo said:
It should be onmouseover="window.status='hello'; return true" and onmouseout="window.status=''; return true"

Actually it is what you have written here. Could it be a Micro**** error which has no cure?

Ok, I just tried it in firefox and works just fine. I have no idea what's going on.

1. Why is my onmouseover status bar not working?

There could be several reasons for this issue. One possibility is that there is an error in the code. Check for any typos or missing characters. Another reason could be that the function is not being called correctly. Make sure that the function is being called within the onmouseover event. Additionally, check that the function is properly defined and that the proper element is being targeted.

2. How can I fix the onmouseover status bar flickering issue?

This issue is usually caused by the function being called repeatedly. One way to fix this is to use a conditional statement to check if the function has already been called before executing it again. Another solution is to use a setTimeout() function to delay the execution of the function.

3. Why is my onmouseover status bar not displaying the correct text?

This could be due to incorrect targeting of the element. Make sure that the element being targeted is the one that should display the text in the status bar. Another reason could be that the text being displayed is not properly formatted. Check for any missing quotations or incorrect syntax in the text being displayed.

4. How can I make the onmouseover status bar work on mobile devices?

The onmouseover event does not work on mobile devices as they do not have a mouse. Instead, you can use the ontouchstart or ontouchend event to trigger the function on mobile devices. You can also use CSS to display the status bar on tap or click events.

5. Can I customize the onmouseover status bar?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the onmouseover status bar using CSS. You can change the font, color, and background color of the status bar to match your website's design. Additionally, you can use JavaScript to add animations or effects to the status bar.