I'm having loads of trouble

• Thread starter RadiationX
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking help with solving a simple trigonometry equation. They need to solve the equation 1 + cos(θ) = 2sin(θ) in order to solve another problem, but for some reason, they are struggling to figure it out. They are asking for ideas and advice, and mention that the assignment is due in the morning. The suggested steps to solve the equation are to square both sides, substitute for sin(2θ), substitute x = cos(θ), solve the resulting quadratic equation, determine all possible solutions for θ, and finally check each solution with the original equation.
RadiationX
for some reason i can't figure out how to solve this very simple trig equation.
[tex]1 + \cos{\theta} = 2\sin{\theta}[/tex] i need this so that i can solve something else. ANY IDEAS WOULD HELP ME OUT.

normally i can solve things like this but for some reason tonight i can't see what to do. to make matters worse this is due in the morning at 9am!

Physics news on Phys.org
RadiationX said:
for some reason i can't figure out how to solve this very simple trig equation.
[tex]1 + \cos{\theta} = 2\sin{\theta}[/tex] i need this so that i can solve something else. ANY IDEAS WOULD HELP ME OUT.

normally i can solve things like this but for some reason tonight i can't see what to do. to make matters worse this is due in the morning at 9am!
a) Square both sides.
b) Sub {1 - cos2(θ)} for sin2(θ).
c) Sub {x = cos(θ)}.
d) Solve quadratic.
e) Determine all candidate "θ" solutions.
f) CHECK EACH candidate "θ" solution with ORIGINAL EQUATION.

~~

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this trig equation. It can be frustrating when we encounter difficulties in solving problems, especially when there is a deadline looming. Have you tried breaking down the equation into smaller parts and using identities or properties of trigonometric functions to simplify it? Additionally, have you checked your calculations and made sure you are using the correct formulas? Sometimes a simple mistake can lead to a lot of confusion. If you are still stuck, perhaps reaching out to a classmate or your professor for help might be beneficial. Don't be afraid to ask for assistance, as it shows determination and a willingness to learn. I wish you the best of luck in solving this equation and completing your assignment on time. Keep pushing forward and don't give up!

1. What do you mean by "loads of trouble"?

"Loads of trouble" can refer to a variety of difficulties, such as technical issues, personal problems, or academic struggles. It is a broad and subjective term that requires more specific context to fully understand the situation.

2. What are some common causes of "loads of trouble"?

The causes of "loads of trouble" can vary greatly depending on the individual or situation. Some common causes may include inadequate resources, lack of support or guidance, poor time management, or insufficient knowledge or skills.

3. How can "loads of trouble" be resolved?

The resolution of "loads of trouble" depends on the specific issue at hand. However, some general strategies for resolving difficulties may include seeking assistance from others, breaking down the problem into smaller, manageable tasks, and identifying and addressing any underlying causes.

4. Can "loads of trouble" have a negative impact on mental health?

Yes, "loads of trouble" can potentially have a negative impact on mental health. Constantly dealing with difficulties and stress can lead to feelings of anxiety, frustration, and even depression. It is important to seek support and address any underlying issues to maintain good mental health.

5. How can one prevent "loads of trouble" from occurring?

Preventing "loads of trouble" may involve being proactive and anticipating potential issues before they arise. This can include staying organized, setting realistic goals and expectations, and seeking help or guidance when needed. It is also important to take care of one's physical and mental well-being to prevent burnout and stress-related difficulties.