1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

In search of books or textbooks to study for the upcoming PGRE

Tags:
  1. Jul 31, 2011 #1
    Hi, so as many of you who are in 3rd year or so know, the PGRE is coming this October and November.. exciting times.. So from what I have heard, there are barely any exclusively PGRE-prep books.. Hence I look forward to some input on what kind of books (in general) that would be a good idea to study for the rest of the summer and before the exam..

My personal crack at good books are:
    Electrodynamics (Griffiths)
    Quantum Mechanics (Scherrer or Shankar)
    Thermodynamics (Schroeder)
    Modern Physics (Serway)

I also know that there are at least 4 former PGRE tests floating on the internet (check the PGRE forums).. so don't need to mention those.. thanks, and good luck on all your applications!

PS. any suggestions for non-print resources would be good too, including e-books..

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted