Inequality Problem: Find the Solution

• Thread starter Kinetica
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Inequality
In summary, the speaker is having trouble with a problem that has a final answer in the book. They have checked their calculation but cannot find any mistakes and suspect they may be using the wrong formula. They have attached the problem description and their solution attempt for reference.
Kinetica

Homework Statement

Hello!
I am solving a problem that has a final answer in the book. However, my answer does not end up like the one even though I don't see any mistakes in my calculation by using a formula.

More specific, my solution lacks power (n-1) as seen in the official answer and one fraction is flip flopped.
Please see the attachment for the problem description and my solution attempt.
Thank you!

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• 12.png
    12.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 385
Physics news on Phys.org
I am not sure what I am missing. I have tried to go through my calculations again but can't seem to find any mistakes. Maybe I am using the wrong formula?

Related to Inequality Problem: Find the Solution

What is the "inequality problem"?

The inequality problem refers to the unequal distribution of resources, opportunities, and wealth among different individuals or groups within a society. This can lead to social and economic disparities and hinder the development and well-being of certain populations.

What are the main causes of inequality?

There are various factors that contribute to inequality, including but not limited to: economic policies, discrimination based on race or gender, unequal access to education and healthcare, and disparities in social and cultural norms.

Why is it important to find a solution to the inequality problem?

The inequality problem has wide-reaching consequences, not only for those who are directly affected, but also for society as a whole. Inequality can lead to social unrest, hinder economic growth, and perpetuate a cycle of poverty. Finding a solution is crucial for promoting social justice, equality, and overall well-being.

What are some potential solutions to the inequality problem?

Some proposed solutions include implementing fairer economic policies, promoting equal access to education and healthcare, addressing discrimination and bias, and promoting diversity and inclusivity in institutions and workplaces. However, the most effective solutions may vary depending on the specific context and root causes of inequality.

What role can scientists play in finding a solution to the inequality problem?

Scientists have a crucial role to play in understanding the root causes and consequences of inequality and developing evidence-based solutions. They can conduct research, provide data and analysis to inform policies and interventions, and collaborate with other stakeholders to address the complex issues of inequality.