Info Request: "Latex Search Engine"?

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a website that allows for the use of math symbols in searches. Various suggestions are given, including using LaTeX in Google, WolframAlpha, detexify, and latexsearch.com. The conversation also mentions the potential for losing time on WolframAlpha due to its vast capabilities.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi All,'
I remember there was a site where one could search using math symbols, like > , and Math terms. Anyone know what the name/address of that site is?
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
No, I am looking for a search engine that allows for the use of Math symbols to do searches, so that, e.g., I can search for is e^ cosx harmonic , or I can use Latex to ask about L^p ( ##L^p ## ) spaces during the search.

Just type the latex into Google?

MrAnchovy said:
Doesn't work that well in my experience. I remember that there was a search engine like that, I just can't remember neither its name nor url.

MrAnchovy said:
Doesn't work that well in my experience. I remember that there was a search engine like that, I just can't remember neither its name nor url.

I think you may be looking for WolframAlpha:

http://www.wolframalpha.com

Try that. In any case, a very cool search engine for just about anything that is in any way quantifiable. You can lose hours at a time just messing around with it.

diogenesNY

Likes WWGD

1. What is a "Latex Search Engine"?

A Latex Search Engine is a specialized search tool that is designed to specifically search for information related to the Latex typesetting language. It can search for Latex documents, equations, packages, and other Latex-related content.

2. How is a "Latex Search Engine" different from a regular search engine?

A Latex Search Engine is different from a regular search engine in that it is specifically tailored to search for Latex-related content. Regular search engines use algorithms to rank and display results, whereas a Latex Search Engine uses specific keywords and tags to search for relevant Latex information.

3. What are the benefits of using a "Latex Search Engine"?

The main benefit of using a Latex Search Engine is that it can provide more targeted and accurate results for those searching for Latex information. It can also save time by eliminating irrelevant results that may appear in a regular search engine.

4. How does a "Latex Search Engine" work?

A Latex Search Engine works by using specialized algorithms to search for and index Latex-related content. It may also use specific tags and keywords to identify and rank relevant results. Some Latex Search Engines also allow users to customize their search settings to further refine their results.

5. Are there any "Latex Search Engines" available for free?

Yes, there are several Latex Search Engines available for free online. Some popular options include the CTAN search engine, the Latex Search Add-On for Google Chrome, and the Latex Search Tool for Overleaf. However, some may require a paid subscription for more advanced features.