Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I Information under black hole

1. May 28, 2017 #1
    What happens to the information entering to the Black hole??

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2017 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Supposedly it is retained at the Event Horizon and exits as Hawking Radiation as the BH evaporates. Leonard Susskind and Stephen Hawking has a 30-year running battle about exactly this and Susskind, at the end, when Hawking had conceded defeat, wrote a book about it: "The Black Hole War: My Battle With Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics".

4. May 28, 2017 #3
    I am asking about Black Hole Information Paradox sir..

5. May 28, 2017 #4

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

And I answered exactly that. That's what the 30-year battle and the book are about.

6. May 28, 2017 #5

PeterDonis

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

We don't know. This is an open area of research. The hypothesis that phinds referred to appears to be the current front runner, but we have no way of testing anything in this regime. There are plenty of published papers on all of the contending hypotheses. If you have more specific questions about a particular hypothesis, it would be best to start a new thread referencing a specific paper.

Thread closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook