1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Input Signal in P-Spice

1. Oct 8, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I need to simulate a certain circuit in p-spice, and get the transient response of a capacitor and a zener diode. I know how to do everything, except for the source voltage. The requirement is that the voltage has to be:

[tex]V_{in} = 10 sin (2\pi\times 50 t)[/tex]

I don't know how to do it.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    What I did was I just took the part called VAC, which is a simple AC source with a DC offset option. I set the AC parameter to the input voltage above, and DC offset to 0. However, I put a voltage marker right after the source, and instead of getting a sine wave, I get nothing (0 voltage).

If it helps, I attached the circuit I need to build and simulate.

[tex]R_1 = 10 \Omega[/tex]
    [tex]R_2 = 100 \Omega[/tex]
    [tex]C = 100 \mu F[/tex]

It says the zener voltage is 6 V. It says nothing about D1, so I guess I will assume it is an ideal diode.

If anyone could please show me how to make any signal I want in P-spice, or at least just the one for this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?