• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Integrating this function

1. Homework Statement
image.jpg

I'm trying to integrate this, the only variable is y the others(x,w) are all constants.
2. Homework Equations
The ways of integrating that I am familiar with are substitution, trigonometric substitution, by parts & partial fraction decomposition.

3. The Attempt at a Solution
Looking at this I can't think of where I'd begin, should I rearange? Is it multistep? It it possible ? I'd appreciate any help :)

Ray Vickson

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Dearly Missed
1. Homework Statement
View attachment 108595
I'm trying to integrate this, the only variable is y the others(x,w) are all constants.
2. Homework Equations
The ways of integrating that I am familiar with are substitution, trigonometric substitution, by parts & partial fraction decomposition.

3. The Attempt at a Solution
Looking at this I can't think of where I'd begin, should I rearange? Is it multistep? It it possible ? I'd appreciate any help :)
PF rules say that you are required to put in effort and show your work. So, try out the methods you have learned. If Method I does not work, then try Method II. If that does not work, turn to Method III, etc. And yes, indeed, it takes some (possibly wasted) work and uses a lot of (possibly wasted) paper but that is how you will learn.

Last edited: