1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Integration by Parts & Change of Variables Proof

1. Jun 19, 2011 #1
    I'm just curious about the proofs of Integration by Parts & the Change of Variables formula
    as given in this book on page 357. I think there are a lot of typo's so I've uploaded my
    rewrite of them but I am unsure of how correct my rewrites are. If someone could point
    out the errors & why I made them I'd really appreciate it as I don't see how I messed up
    but still feel I did, for example I'm not sure whether the [tex]g_{i-1}[/tex] is a typo in
    the last lines of the IBP proof, when the author takes the norm of the partition to zero.
    I can't see how it's included according to my rewrite :confused:

14l1nh5.png

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 19, 2011 #2

hunt_mat

Homework Helper

For integration by parts, why not just integrate the product rule for differentiation?

4. Jun 19, 2011 #3
    The challenge I suppose. So no errors?

5. Jun 19, 2011 #4

hunt_mat

Homework Helper

I don't see why you just done use the fundamental theorem of calculus. That's what we did in our analysis course.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook