1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intro Math Introductory Book on Group Theory for HS freshman?

1. Mar 1, 2015 #1
    I am looking for an introductory book on group theory for my son who is a high school freshman. He has a good grasp of the basics of mathematics and is ready to take calculus classes. He has a very strong intuitive grasp of symmetry and transformations, so I thought that he may be ready to be exposed to group theory. (I know I did when I was in high school, when I had a wonderful math teacher who was working on his PhD thesis while he was teaching and took the time to take the best kids in his class aside and teach them advanced math topics).

Are there any recommendations for good introductory group theory books? We are going through some of the online resources, but I thought a formal textbook treatment may also be useful.

Thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 1, 2015 #2

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

4. Mar 1, 2015 #3
    Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

5. Mar 1, 2015 #4

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted