Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

IOR Uncertainty Quantification for PIV/LDV Measurements

1. Jul 7, 2015 #1
    Hello All,
    I am running some experiments using Particle Image Velocimetry and Laser Doppler Velocimetry techniques. There is a slight mismatch in the Refractive Index of the fluid and my model (Approximately 5% difference) which is creating some uncertainty in my measurements. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how I would be able to quantify the uncertainty in my calculations knowing that the refractive index of the fluid (n1) and model (n2). For simplicity, the model I am using is a spherical shell with the fluid inside. If someone can direct me toward finding a solution, it would be appreciated.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 12, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook