IR camera 1550 nm IR light source

In summary: Another option if you only have to do this once or a small number of times would be to contract with a local test lab near you to use their test equipment for your photographs. We have all sorts of specialized labs here in Silicon Valley that we use for everything from Environmental Testing to Failure Analysis, etc. Contracting with them is usually cheaper than us buying the equipment ourselves.
btb4198
I am looking for an IR camera that can pick up 1550 nm IR light source on the pix level. I have silicon wafers and I am going to hit the pixels with a 1550 NM IR light source and I want to be able to see the pix with a IR cam. I want to connect it computer and use a C# application to view the pixels.
anyone knows a good cam I can use ?
one that is not too expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Science news on Phys.org
btb4198 said:
IR camera that can pick up 1550 nm IR light source on the pix level. I have silicon wafers and I am going to hit the pixels with a 1550 NM IR light source and I want to be able to see the pix with a IR cam.
What's a pix level? What do you mean by "hit the pixels" with IR? Are you going to be taking the pictures through a microscope?

What about this simple IR camera add-on for your cellphone?

Cell Phone Versions: https://www.flir.com/browse/home--outdoor/mobile-accessories/

Higher Resolution IR Cameras: https://www.flir.com/browse/home--outdoor/handheld-thermal-cameras/

flirone-gen3-pro.png

Attachments

• flirone-gen3-pro.png
    flirone-gen3-pro.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,273
berkeman said:
What's a pix level? What do you mean by "hit the pixels" with IR? Are you going to be taking the pictures through a microscope?

What about this simple IR camera add-on for your cellphone?

Cell Phone Versions: https://www.flir.com/browse/home--outdoor/mobile-accessories/

Higher Resolution IR Cameras: https://www.flir.com/browse/home--outdoor/handheld-thermal-cameras/

View attachment 226958
when I say pix level,
I meant pixel level. so we can take a pic of a pixel.
and yes using a len to act like a microscope.

btb4198 said:
when I say pix level,
I meant pixel level. so we can take a pic of a pixel.
Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. A picture is composed of pixels. You don't take a picture of a pixel. You want to take pictures of your wafers, right?

berkeman said:
Sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me. A picture is composed of pixels. You don't take a picture of a pixel. You want to take pictures of your wafers, right?
The wafer it self has pixels. I have to zoom the IR cam into one pixel on the wafer and take a picture of it.
but really i need a cam that can do 1550 NM wavelength. I look at the cam you seen, and the data sheet does not give a that information

The spec sheet for the camera he suggested does give its spectral range (8 μm - 14 μm) but it is outside your range. It is a LWIR sensor. You need a SWIR sensor. That said, you still haven't really given much information. You need to know a lot more in order to pick out an IR camera. You can find them that run from 100 USD up to 200,000 USD and work all over the IR spectrum. You really need to narrow down your search criteria here.

btb4198 said:
The wafer it self has pixels. I have to zoom the IR cam into one pixel on the wafer and take a picture of it.
but really i need a cam that can do 1550 NM wavelength. I look at the cam you seen, and the data sheet does not give a that information
You want to take a thermal image of a sensor array? Is that your interest in 1500nm? Do you plan to use a narrow band filter to isolate around 1500nm?
All this stuff can be done but you want it cheap too. I think that could be the problem.
I was wondering. If you are looking for the temperature of the various pixels on an array, there may be other ways. For instance, the noise level from each pixel would be different, according to its temperature.
As I think it may not be feasible to do what you want, cheaply, perhaps you could give us a bit of context and the why's and wherefore's of your requirement.

sophiecentaur said:
You want to take a thermal image of a sensor array?
Yeah, I'm pretty confused as well. Knowing more about the project would help.
sophiecentaur said:
As I think it may not be feasible to do what you want, cheaply,
@btb4198 -- Another option if you only have to do this once or a small number of times would be to contract with a local test lab near you to use their test equipment for your photographs. We have all sorts of specialized labs here in Silicon Valley that we use for everything from Environmental Testing to Failure Analysis, etc. Contracting with them is usually cheaper than us buying the equipment ourselves.

1. What is an IR camera 1550 nm IR light source?

An IR camera 1550 nm IR light source is a type of infrared (IR) light source that emits light with a wavelength of 1550 nm. It is commonly used in IR cameras to illuminate objects that are not visible to the naked eye.

2. How does an IR camera 1550 nm IR light source work?

An IR camera 1550 nm IR light source works by emitting light in the infrared spectrum, which is beyond the range of visible light. This light is then reflected off of objects and captured by the IR camera, which converts it into a visible image.

3. What are the advantages of using an IR camera 1550 nm IR light source?

One of the main advantages of using an IR camera 1550 nm IR light source is that it can capture images of objects that are not visible to the naked eye, such as heat signatures or objects in low light conditions. It is also less likely to be affected by ambient light, making it useful in a variety of environments.

4. Can an IR camera 1550 nm IR light source be used for medical purposes?

Yes, an IR camera 1550 nm IR light source can be used for medical purposes, such as in thermal imaging for detecting abnormalities in the body. It is also commonly used in medical research to study the effects of heat on different tissues and organs.

5. Are there any safety concerns when using an IR camera 1550 nm IR light source?

While an IR camera 1550 nm IR light source is generally considered safe for use, it is important to follow proper safety precautions when handling it. This includes wearing protective eyewear to prevent exposure to the IR light and avoiding direct contact with the light source to prevent burns.