Is there some sort of heat conductive wave?

In summary, a new member of a forum is seeking help for their project and asks for corrections to their English. They explain that they are building an epoxy resin curing device that requires a constant temperature surface, but there is a delay in reaching the target temperature which creates a resonant frequency and uneven temperatures. They ask if there is a wave behavior in the heat and how to predict and slow down the resonance. The solution suggested is to use a small computer with a PID controller to estimate and trigger reheating ahead of time.
Heros_iragorri
Hello, i am new at the forum and i hope i can help and get helped so we can move forward in our projects/jobs/studies. I also ask please to correct any gramatical or vocabulary mistake, since i am still learning english.

Now to the actual problem.
I am already building some kind of epoxy resin curing device, the important thing in this is that it generates a very constant temperature surface, constant in space and time.

The device is made out of aluminium and is internally heated by oil at about 200 celcius, the fluid temperature is monitored by a variable resistance sensor, and activated by an electronic comparator circuit, i am also constantly sensing the surface temperature and turn on or off the oil heater acording to this.

The issue is that there is a big delay between the heater activation and the surface getting the target temperature(aprox 20 seconds delay) and that creates some sort of resonant frecuency in the temperature domain. Also creating overheating in some points of the system, and very irregular surface temperature in time domain.

My real question is if there is a wave kind of behavior of these heat going into the piece, if so, what is the speed of that wave? is that a constant speed wave?My wish is to know that for somehow predict and slow down the "resonance". I understand that there is a formula that from given temperature gradient, conductivity and area can calculate power, but i think that that's for time going to infinity.

Thanks.

Science news on Phys.org
You could probably introduce a small computer to the setup that can estimate ahead when the temperature will have fallen to the critical level.
It would then be able to trigger the reheating slightly ahead depending on how fast the temperature is falling.

Likes Heros_iragorri
Likes Heros_iragorri

1. What is a heat conductive wave?

A heat conductive wave is a transfer of heat energy through a medium, such as a solid, liquid, or gas, as a result of a temperature difference. This process involves the transfer of kinetic energy from one molecule to another, causing the molecules to vibrate and pass on the heat energy.

2. How is heat conductive wave different from other forms of heat transfer?

Heat conductive wave is a type of heat transfer that occurs within a medium, while other forms of heat transfer, such as convection and radiation, can occur between different mediums. Additionally, heat conductive wave relies on physical contact between molecules, while convection and radiation can occur without physical contact.

3. What are some examples of heat conductive wave?

The most common example of heat conductive wave is when you touch a hot object and feel the heat transfer from the object to your hand. Other examples include a metal spoon becoming hot when placed in a hot cup of tea and the transfer of heat from a stove burner to a pot.

4. Can heat conductive wave occur in a vacuum?

No, heat conductive wave requires a medium for the transfer of heat energy to occur. In a vacuum, there is no medium for the molecules to transfer heat energy through, so heat conductive wave cannot occur.

5. How is heat conductive wave measured?

The measurement of heat conductive wave is known as thermal conductivity and is typically measured in units of watts per meter kelvin (W/mK). This measures how well a material can conduct heat, with higher values indicating a better heat conductor.