Why does flux linkage use Ienclosed/I for coaxial cable but N*Ψ for solenoids?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
2 replies · 2K views
ElieMakdissi
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
I don't understand why we multiply by Ienclosed/I the total flux linkage
In Sadiku, he used the formula dλ=dΨ * Ienclosed/I
to determine the total flux linkage for coaxial cable for ρ<a and for a<ρ<b, but I applied this formula for the solenoid and it didn't work, the way that works for the solenoid is by using λ=N*Ψ.

So why we multiply by Ienclosed/I in the coaxial cable?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Without context and even a definition of your symbols I have no clue what you are talking about. E.g., are you looking at the coax cable from the point of view of the "telegrapher's equation", which is a quasistationary approximation, or the full wave-guide theory a la Maxwell and Hertz? What's ##\Psi##?
 
IMG_20230527_160545.jpg