Is Your Brain Too Full to Learn New Things?

• Thread starter Jerbearrrrrr
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Brain
In summary, the person is saying that a girl friend would be more effective in relieving stress than doing things that are not offered in class, like going on vacation or drinking alcohol.
Jerbearrrrrr
I can't seem to remember anything new.
But I can remember lots of crap from my fresher university year. I think a Chopin Nocturne and Cauchy's theorem (the one about the existence of a subgroup/element of order p, if p is a prime and p divides |G|) got the last few kilobytes.

Need to defragment it or something, but I don't think I have enough space for even that.

:(

Physics news on Phys.org
It's called burnout it can last many many years.

I think your right, time to defrag, and delete all the un-need things, umm wait a second. I tried that once, it really didn't work. But what does work, is a nice vacation with some good old fashioned hiking and a few days to daydream.

I'm sure its just a bit of stress, you got tons of room left.

Ah yes, Confucius say you need to empty your cup, and It is better to lose a lover than love a loser

[PLAIN]http://ircamera.as.arizona.edu/NatSci102/images/brain_full.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
On top of defrag, dump your cache and maybe a registry cleanup.

It does sound like you're burned out. Do you take time for yourself and relax?

A hobby, especially a creative one that gives you personal satisfaction can go a long way to easing the early stages of burnout. Music, either listening to it or playing it, some travel, cooking, building something... anything to change your focus for a while, relax, and still keep the old juices flowing in the noggin.

Oh, you could also be sleep-deprived.

On the plus side once you do the vacation thing youll end up forgetting 90% of what it was that you were trying to remember!

magpies said:
On the plus side once you do the vacation thing youll end up forgetting 90% of what it was that you were trying to remember!

A girl friend would be more effective

On top of that, try to stay virus free; avoid humanity classes.

I don't do any of those, by virtue of them not being offered.
Now I have an exam in integrable systems, general relativity, complex methods, logic and set theory, electrodynamics and partial differential equations. \o/

Going to America with her when stuff is finished :O

Jerbearrrrrr said:
I don't do any of those, by virtue of them not being offered.
Now I have an exam in integrable systems, general relativity, complex methods, logic and set theory, electrodynamics and partial differential equations. \o/

Going to America with her when stuff is finished :O

Me brain hurts thinking about it. Then again, maybe you could use some viral filler...

"Don't let the namshub into your operating system!" :)

Need to defragment it or something, but I don't think I have enough space for even that.
Try resetting your memory with lots of alcohol. It's rather popular method of getting amnesia. Be warned, that this process is irreversible and it reduces brain capacity on each use. Just like erasing EPROM.

Related to Is Your Brain Too Full to Learn New Things?

1. What does it mean when someone says "I think my brain has filled up."?

When someone says "I think my brain has filled up," they are expressing the feeling of being mentally overwhelmed or unable to process any more information.

2. Is it possible for one's brain to literally "fill up"?

No, it is not possible for one's brain to reach a point where it can no longer store new information. The brain has an incredible capacity for learning and adapting, and it can continue to form new connections and store new information throughout a person's lifetime.

3. What are some signs that someone's brain may be experiencing information overload?

Signs of information overload can include difficulty focusing, forgetfulness, fatigue, and feeling mentally exhausted or overwhelmed. Some people may also experience physical symptoms such as headaches or increased stress levels.

4. How can someone prevent their brain from feeling overwhelmed?

To prevent feeling overwhelmed, it is important to manage stress levels, prioritize tasks, and take breaks when needed. Engaging in activities such as exercise, meditation, and getting enough sleep can also help improve mental clarity and reduce feelings of overwhelm.

5. When should someone seek professional help for feeling overwhelmed?

If feelings of overwhelm are significantly impacting daily life and functioning, it may be beneficial to seek help from a mental health professional. They can provide strategies and support for managing stress and improving overall mental well-being.