Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

It's happening again

1. Nov 19, 2005 #1
    I'm stressed because I procrastinate and I procrastinate because I'm stressed. And yes I know you're all just going to say "Just do it!" and not actually be any help at all :yuck:
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 19, 2005 #2
    Dude, I'm in the EXACTLY same situation. I hate it because I'm getting nowhere fast, and I have SO much to do. I just can't get myself to do it...and this is probably the worst time to be in this state because it is the marks that I am getting now that will determine where I go to University next year!:surprised

The only reason I'm posting this is because I'm procrastinating. It's horrible.
  4. Nov 19, 2005 #3

Gold Member

nah! you don't have to do it!

5. Nov 19, 2005 #4
    stop encouraging us!
  6. Nov 19, 2005 #5
    I am a big procastinator this semester too, but I have A's in all of my classes, and 3 weeks to go in the semester. I just need C's or better in all of my classes with a 2.5+ and I will be happy :smile:

edit.. I have no suggestions, as if I knew the secret I would be doing it myself :smile:
  7. Nov 19, 2005 #6

Staff: Mentor

I hear ya Smurf, I'm having the same problem. Bring in an extension ladder and clean cobwebs off of the walls and ceiling in the two story foyer or play on PF?

Hint:I still have cobwebs. :redface:
  8. Nov 19, 2005 #7

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

I guess many of us posting here have a similar problem :). I'm supposed to be writting a technical note and here I am...
  9. Nov 19, 2005 #8
    Hello, I do not procrastinate except on Fridays, but that is not my question. My question is to you Rocketboy. Why is it that all people in Canada refer to any college as University? I mean here we use the name, but it seems, from what I've seen that everyone in canada calls any college, university, even when they are refering to a specific one.
  10. Nov 19, 2005 #9

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The Charley Brown philosophy: Why do today what I can do tomorrow? If I wait until tomorrow I will be under pressure, and I work better under pressure. :biggrin:

I suggest that you try a schedule. Set limits and stick to it. Try it for a day when you have something important to do. You can do that. When I have a looming deadline, sometimes I unplug the DSL so that I'm not tempted, and when I do get online, I limit my time to fifteen or thirty minutes. Seriously Smurf, it is important that you find a way to impose some self discipline. Learn to focus on the satisfaction of getting things done.

Oh yes, and focus on one thing at a time. One of the easiest way to stress out is to overwhelm yourself by worrying about everything at once.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  11. Nov 19, 2005 #10

12. Nov 19, 2005 #11
    It gets worse in University. The end of the semester is horrid.. especially when you are a senior like me.
  13. Nov 19, 2005 #12
    Do you refer to High School by the name of the school or by the level?

in the US, we refer to the university level as college.. the rest of the english speaking world says university.
  14. Nov 19, 2005 #13
    Priority lists are your are my friends :-)
  15. Nov 19, 2005 #14
    Hehehe....I never procrastinate!!! :approve:

Unless it's some (pointless) English homework :grumpy: we're talking about here :biggrin:
  16. Nov 20, 2005 #15
    Who are you?

I thought I knew all the mentors.
  17. Nov 20, 2005 #16

Gold Member

*knocks on smurf's head*
  18. Nov 20, 2005 #17
    Yes I'm doing that. I actually got a decent amount of work done today. Even finished the work cited page (that was the hardest part, actually. You won't believe how difficult it is to look up some publication info)
  19. Nov 20, 2005 #18
    That's exactly what it is, actually. How'd you guess?
  20. Nov 20, 2005 #19
    Ahh I'm doing this too! I have an exam next Friday, but the library is shut on the weekend. So I can't study, and any time I do something else I get stressed and feel like I should be studying. So I've been pacing around the house trying to find something to keep me busy and I'm going crazy! And then monday will come and I won't want to study because its a boring subject, and I'll spend the whole day doing the same thing!
  21. Nov 20, 2005 #20
    What kind of a school closes their library during the weekend? I wouldn't have survived the last 5 weekends if it hadn't been for my campus library.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?