What Happened to Me on the Worst Day Ever?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary: If I were to see a mountain lion, I'd be extremely scared O.O!In summary, the child of Evo wanted to take me to the emergency room tonight because they noticed that I looked like I had the measles. Then something truly bizarre happened and I can't say what. I've already taken 3 sleeping pills and am still not able to sleep. I'm scared that this is something more dangerous and I don't want my name plastered all over the media. I hope the authorities take an anonymous report.
Sorry to hear about your predicament, Evo. Mountain lions are so cute. At least on National Geographic. That's where they ought to stay, in my opinion, not mess about people's fences.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think I figured out the spots. Night before last I moved some stones and one had an ant colony under it and a million (yes, I counted them) ants swarmed up my right arm, my first (albeit stupid) reaction was to drop the stone and wipe the ants off on my pany leg, so now I had ants swarming up my leg, i tried to swat them all off, but I kept finding them for awhile. The majority of the "spots" are on my right wrist and forearm. Duh. Ant bites. But why do I have three spots on my forehead? I guess I might have brushed one across my forehead.

Here's my new gardening outfit.

Attachments

• hood-neohome.jpg
    hood-neohome.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 388
Dunno how well it'd work, but you might see if you can find some old smudge pots --- fire plus stink might put off the feline interest in your yard. Haven't heard of anything that'll actually discourage mountain lions from exercising their prerogatives once they've decided on a territory, but haven't heard of anyone trying smudge pots either --- might drive you off as well. Construction companies, or "sign(age) services" might still have a few around --- nurseries and orchards'd be the other guess --- probably need a special dispensation from the EPA --- buy an ornamental orange and declare yourself a citrus grove.

Have-a-hart sells noisy reciprocating sprinklers triggered by IR motion detectors. You could run garden hoses in seris from one to another and at least aim them outward from your back fence. They are noisy and will startle the cat and if he is within about 30' he'll get a little wet, too. The sprinklers are $29 each. I bought a different brand last year for almost $60 each, but they have kept the deer out of my garden, so they were well worth it. One 9V battery lasts the whole growing season, and they don't use much water since they only chatter away for a few seconds before entering the 8 second reset mode. Just a thought.

Don't hurt the kitty.

turbo-1 said:
Have-a-hart sells noisy reciprocating sprinklers triggered by IR motion detectors. You could run garden hoses in seris from one to another and at least aim them outward from your back fence. They are noisy and will startle the cat and if he is within about 30' he'll get a little wet, too. The sprinklers are $29 each. I bought a different brand last year for almost $60 each, but they have kept the deer out of my garden, so they were well worth it. One 9V battery lasts the whole growing season, and they don't use much water since they only chatter away for a few seconds before entering the 8 second reset mode. Just a thought.

Don't hurt the kitty.
Now that's a thought, except my neighbors might get angry when they get near my fence. :rofl: My psycho neighbor has his garden along the north side of my fence. I'd definitely install them on that side. :devil:

Bystander said:
buy an ornamental orange and declare yourself a citrus grove
:rofl:

I saw a badger outside the other night!

badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger mushroom MUSHROOM

- Warren

chroot said:

- Warren

*snicker* *snicker*

Now that's going to be stuck in my head ALL day.

Thanks a bunch chroot :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

chroot said:

- Warren
No snake? That's my favorite part!

Evo said:
Aaarrrggghhhh! Those have destroyed my rosebushes this year! You cannot kill the suckers. :grumpy:
I wish I could send you my neglect-proof, imortal rose bush. No matter how much I ignore it, it won't die. Maybe it's locust-proof as well.

Last edited:
Evo said:
Aaarrrggghhhh! Those have destroyed my rosebushes this year! You cannot kill the suckers. :grumpy:
These are the years I'm glad I rent and don't have to deal with maintenance of the yard. There's a ton of grasshoppers in addition to the crickets that were around last year. I think they're pretty cute, but that's because I don't have to worry about them eating the landscaping! :biggrin:

I haven't seen any crickets come inside this year with Ember around...I wonder if she's been supplementing her diet when I'm not around? :bugeye:

Hmmm...I don't know if I should ask this here or in the Disney thread, but it just occurred to me...does it bother anyone else that Jiminy Cricket isn't a cricket but a grasshopper? :biggrin: :rofl:

Evo said:

Ugh I hate grasshoppers. One year it was so dry that they were just everywhere. There were places on the highway where there were so many that it looked like the road was moving, walking through the hayfield they would be jumping all around you. I always hated riding my motorbike when they were that bad, I was getting pelted with them constantly...those things hurt at 100 km/h and sometimes they get in your clothes...ick. So glad they haven't been that bad again!

Can I go out now, Mom? Please?

Dr. Foofer said:
It's been, like, two hours and Evo hasn't ansered her cat's quetion. Now I'll just be curious all night again as to whether or not she's been eaten.

I was awoken this morning at 0330 by the sound of a owl hooting. That's one hazard we would have to worry about if were allowed our cats to roam at night.

Owls apparently hunt small rodents, and apparently skunks and possums, which are nocturnal, are favorites. The largest owls (Great Horned) could easily take a cat or small dog. According to what I've read about the 'hooting', it was likely a male Great Horned Owl that I heard last night making his territorial claim.

Evo, I hope your days are going better.

For ant bites, topical Benadryl is good. Oral Benadryl (diphenhydramine HCl - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diphenhydramine) is good also if the reactions to a bite (bites) are stronger than the topical can handle. It is also a sedative and sleep aid, so one must use caution if one is using other aids.

Last edited:
I thought that mountain lions were great pets.

http://www.chrisklug.com/uploads/OH-Zoo-CK-&-cat-web.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Andre said:
Until they bight. I've seen people with leopards, jaguars and other exotic pets. I really don't know how well the cats do. They have to be well fed and given space to run.

Dr. Foofer said:
Foofer! So you're the one that's been placing all those online orders. :grumpy:

Evo said:
Foofer! So you're the one that's been placing all those online orders. :grumpy:
um.. yeah, ok... so I borrowed your credit card. But I wasn't being totally selfish. I got some nice stuff for you, too. Remember the Omaha Steaks?

So, I'm thinkin' the mountain lion ate Evo while she was logged on to PF, and, out of loneliness, Dr. Foofer has assumed her identity in a kind of Anthony Perkins, split personality fashion.

zoobyshoe said:
So, I'm thinkin' the mountain lion ate Evo while she was logged on to PF, and, out of loneliness, Dr. Foofer has assumed her identity in a kind of Anthony Perkins, split personality fashion.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Dr. Foofer has had plans of world domination for some time now. The assumption of power in the Evo household is surely just the first step.

- Warren

Never was a lion --- it was Foofer.

Foofer does have a criminal record.

Andre said:

http://www.chrisklug.com/uploads/OH-Zoo-CK-&-cat-web.jpg [Broken]

Until they weigh more than you, sure. Why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
They didn't want her falling off a cliff where they wouldn't be able to get at her before they got their dinner, so this time decided to come to her!

Lisa! said:
I think I'm going to go hiking up along the cliffs where the mountain lions live and get eaten."
Well, I'm not sure what the mountain lions get eaten by, but I sure wouldn't want to encounter it on the trail.:biggrin:

DaveC426913 said:
Well, I'm not sure what the mountain lions get eaten by, but I sure wouldn't want to encounter it on the trail.:biggrin:
Mountain lions get eaten by venus flytraps...big ones!

Gokul43201 said:
Mountain lions get eaten by venus flytraps...big ones!
They must be attracted to the sweet, dewlike excretion in the trap.

No, no, Venus flytraps are flies that trap Venus

ooooohhhh, VENUS. its VENUS flytraps.
That makes me feel so much safer. It's funny how a little misunderstanding can TOTALLY change ones perspective.

<h2>1. What caused the worst day ever?</h2><p>The cause of the worst day ever can vary greatly from person to person. It could be a series of unfortunate events, a personal loss, or a major mistake or failure. It is subjective and can be different for each individual.</p><h2>2. Can a worst day ever be prevented?</h2><p>In some cases, a worst day ever may be preventable by taking certain precautions or making different choices. However, there are also situations that are out of our control and cannot be prevented. It is important to learn from the experience and try to make positive changes for the future.</p><h2>3. How do people typically react to their worst day ever?</h2><p>People can react to their worst day ever in a variety of ways. Some may become angry or upset, while others may feel numb or detached. Some may seek comfort from loved ones, while others may isolate themselves. It is a highly individualized response.</p><h2>4. Is there a way to recover from the worst day ever?</h2><p>Recovering from the worst day ever is possible, but it may take time and effort. It is important to acknowledge and process the emotions associated with the experience, seek support from others, and find healthy coping mechanisms. With time and self-care, it is possible to move forward and find healing.</p><h2>5. Can a worst day ever have any positive effects?</h2><p>While a worst day ever is undoubtedly a difficult and unpleasant experience, it can also have some positive effects. It can serve as a learning opportunity, helping us to grow and become more resilient. It can also bring people closer together and strengthen relationships. It is important to find the silver lining and use the experience to make positive changes in our lives.</p>

1. What caused the worst day ever?

The cause of the worst day ever can vary greatly from person to person. It could be a series of unfortunate events, a personal loss, or a major mistake or failure. It is subjective and can be different for each individual.

2. Can a worst day ever be prevented?

In some cases, a worst day ever may be preventable by taking certain precautions or making different choices. However, there are also situations that are out of our control and cannot be prevented. It is important to learn from the experience and try to make positive changes for the future.

3. How do people typically react to their worst day ever?

People can react to their worst day ever in a variety of ways. Some may become angry or upset, while others may feel numb or detached. Some may seek comfort from loved ones, while others may isolate themselves. It is a highly individualized response.

4. Is there a way to recover from the worst day ever?

Recovering from the worst day ever is possible, but it may take time and effort. It is important to acknowledge and process the emotions associated with the experience, seek support from others, and find healthy coping mechanisms. With time and self-care, it is possible to move forward and find healing.

5. Can a worst day ever have any positive effects?

While a worst day ever is undoubtedly a difficult and unpleasant experience, it can also have some positive effects. It can serve as a learning opportunity, helping us to grow and become more resilient. It can also bring people closer together and strengthen relationships. It is important to find the silver lining and use the experience to make positive changes in our lives.