Solve Kirchoff's Laws Homework with Expert Help

• Thread starter fffff
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laws
In summary, the conversation discusses a homework problem involving Kirchhoff's rules. The problem involves three loops and two nodes. The main confusion is how to determine the resistance in each loop. The expert clarifies that the resistance should be the sum of all elements in the loop and that only two loops and one node need to be considered. The value for current may differ in each part of the circuit.
fffff

Homework Statement

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5418/kirchoff2nr2.jpg

Now, I dnt have a clue on homework to solve this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Why? What is confusing you?

there are three loops and 2 nodes.

See when considering one loop, do I have to add all the resistance together.
So for loop 1 (1v)

the resistance is 2.5

so current = 1/2.5=0.4 A

but I am getting the wrong answer

How did you get 2.5? You must sum the entire loop. The sum of the changes in potential across all the elements in a closed loop must be zero. You only need to consider two loops here, and the one node (which gives you the relation between the three branch currents). The value for I won't be the same in each part of the circuit.

Related to Solve Kirchoff's Laws Homework with Expert Help

What are Kirchoff's Laws?

Kirchoff's Laws are two principles in electricity and circuit theory that govern the behavior of current and voltage in electrical circuits. The first law, also known as Kirchoff's Current Law, states that the sum of currents entering and exiting a node in a circuit must equal zero. The second law, also known as Kirchoff's Voltage Law, states that the sum of voltage drops and rises around a closed loop must equal zero.

Why is it important to learn how to solve Kirchoff's Laws?

Understanding Kirchoff's Laws is essential for analyzing and designing electrical circuits. These principles allow us to calculate the currents and voltages at different points in a circuit, which is crucial for troubleshooting and ensuring the proper functioning of electronic devices.

What are the steps for solving Kirchoff's Laws homework?

The first step is to draw a schematic diagram of the circuit and label all the components. Then, apply Kirchoff's Laws to write equations for each node and loop in the circuit. Next, solve the resulting system of equations to find the unknown currents and voltages. Finally, check your solution by verifying that Kirchoff's Laws hold true for the calculated values.

What are some common mistakes when solving Kirchoff's Laws problems?

One common mistake is forgetting to assign the correct direction for current flow in the circuit. Another mistake is not properly labeling the nodes and loops in the schematic diagram. It is also essential to be careful when applying Kirchoff's Laws and to write the equations correctly. Lastly, double-checking the solution to ensure it satisfies both Kirchoff's Laws is crucial in avoiding errors.

Can I get expert help with my Kirchoff's Laws homework?

Yes, there are many resources available for getting expert help with solving Kirchoff's Laws problems. You can seek help from your teacher or professor, join study groups, or use online tutoring services. It is also helpful to practice and familiarize yourself with different types of Kirchoff's Laws problems to improve your understanding and problem-solving skills.