Kirk Cameron plans to re-distribute The Origin of Species

• News
  • Thread starter vincentm
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Origin
In summary, this guy is an idiot for pushing his religious beliefs on others. He is also wrong because normal people who consider themselves Christians would never go to such insane lengths to impose their beliefs on others.
turbo-1 said:
Perhaps. I would qualify this by saying that perhaps 60% of all Americans stupid enough to respond to such a poll might respond that way. When pollsters call me or mail me, I ignore them and hang up or toss the mailings. I have a sneaking suspicion that most PFrs would do the same.
This is a good point. Especially since most polls don't disclose the percentage of people who didn't respond like they wanted.

In fact, in many polls I see, especially about the economy, the questions assume facts that are false, and only reflect the results from people who believe the falsehoods. Many polls reflect only the opinions of people who apparently believe that the President "runs the country", "manages the economy", and other such nonsense.

I would be interested in seeing the results as the percentage of the total number of people called, not just percentage of "responders". It would be nice to know what percentage of people told them they were full of nonsense, or just hung up.

Physics news on Phys.org
TheStatutoryApe said:
I've had a christian lesbian friend whom, depending on the day and her mood, believed that she may be going to hell. Of course she did not always believe this but she obviously believed in hell. I had a supervisor at one of my jobs that often told me about how he was cheating on his wife and worried about whether or not god would forgive him. He had made friends with some of the gay students and occasionally wondered if they would be forgiven by god or whether or not god really hated gays. He was an open minded, if not very well educated, guy and was always willing to hear my interpretations of things from the bible even though I do not believe in god. While people may believe in hell and the devil it does not mean that they absolutely believe the fire and brimstone evangelical teachings about all unbelievers going to hell and such. There are plenty of liberal christians that believe only the 'truly evil' (ie, serial killers, ect) go to hell.

Beliefs about hell range from the idea that we are already there [this is it], to existence in the absense of God [no more, no less], to a place where some red guy with horns pokes you with a pitchfork. If you asked 100 Christians to describe the nature of hell and Satan in detail, you would probably get about as many different answers.

JG89 said:
Watching his video makes me want to kick myself in the nuts.

No, watching Kirk Cameron makes me want to kick him in the nuts.

I ended up missing the giveaway yesterday. They were finished and off campus by noon. Oh well, not a huge loss.

Look on the bright side, at least people will be receiving free copies of the origin of species.

Moonbear said:
I like the accompanying video, "Origin of Stupidity." :biggrin: I agree with the suggestion made at the end of that video. If you see someone distributing these copies with the nonsense introduction, take as many as you can. Cut out the introduction and use it to kindle your fire this winter, and you have a free copy of the The Origin of Species.
- Excellent rebuttal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc said:
- Excellent rebuttal!

TOO funny - well done. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: