1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Lateral inversion

1. Oct 19, 2009 #1
    we keep a clock in front of the mirror,if lateral inversion occurs,what will happen?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2009 #2

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You mean other than the fact that you'll see a mirror image of the clock face?

4. Oct 20, 2009 #3
    when you keep letters in front of mirrors,lateral inversion occurs,
    so this should happen for clocks as well.

5. Oct 24, 2009 #4
    here, i ask again, lateral inversion in clock kept in front of mirror?

6. Oct 24, 2009 #5

cepheid

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Sorry, but I don't think anybody understands your question. If you're wondering whether you'll see a mirror image of a clock when you hold it in front of a mirror, the answer is yes, as I've already told you. The image of *anything* in a mirror is going to be mirrored (not surprisingly). If you are unsure, why don't you just perform an experiment to determine the answer to your question? Hold a clock up in front of a mirror and look at the image of the clock face.

7. Oct 27, 2009 #6
    ill be clear now..when i kept the clock in front of the mirror,5:15 appeared as 6:15 on the
    left ,i am not totally convinced about the concept of lateral inversion,please explain it .

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook