Where to Post Latex Questions When Tutorial Thread is Locked

In summary, the conversation is about drawing commutative diagrams using latex. The original poster is wondering if there is a way to do so on Physics Forums (PF) or if they need a more full-featured latex distribution. They mention that PF may have some available packages, but if not, they could use the standard \picture environment. They also suggest reaching out to another user, Hurkyl, who may have posted a commutative diagram in the past.
StatusX
Homework Helper
So, I have a question about latex, but the thread in the tutorial section is locked. Is there another place I should post it?

Anyway, the question is, is there a nice way to do commutative diagrams with latex? I'm talking about those pictures with sets and arrows between them representing maps such that there is more than one way to get from one set to another. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you trying to draw commutative diagrams here at PF?
Or for a more full-featured [tex]\LaTeX[/tex] distribution?

I think PF loads some but not all available packages. (I'm guessing that amsmath or something is available.)
If none of the packages from
http://www.google.com/search?q=commutative+diagram+latex
are loaded, you might have to resort to using the standard \picture environment.

I *think* I saw Hurkyl post a commutative diagram a couple of years ago, but I'm not entirely sure. Try to PM him about it.

1. What is the purpose of the "Where to Post Latex Questions When Tutorial Thread is Locked" thread?

The purpose of this thread is to provide a designated space for users to ask and receive help with LaTeX questions when the tutorial thread is locked. This allows for continued support and guidance for those who may still have questions about using LaTeX.

2. Why is the tutorial thread sometimes locked?

The tutorial thread may be locked for various reasons such as reaching a maximum number of comments, or to keep the thread organized and focused on the tutorial content. This allows for a smooth learning experience for all users.

3. Can I still ask questions about the tutorial content in the designated thread?

No, the designated thread is specifically for general LaTeX questions. If you have a question or comment about the tutorial content, please post it in the tutorial thread while it is open.

4. What types of questions can I ask in the designated thread?

You can ask any general LaTeX questions that you may have, such as troubleshooting errors, seeking clarification on certain commands, or asking for advice on formatting. However, please refrain from asking for specific solutions to homework or assignment questions.

5. Is it okay to ask for help in the designated thread even if I am a beginner in LaTeX?

Yes, the designated thread is open to users of all levels. Don't be afraid to ask for help, as it is a great opportunity to learn from experienced users and improve your skills in using LaTeX.