Limiting Solutions: (h-1)3 +1)/h as h Approaches 0

• Thread starter synergix
  • Start date
In summary, a limiting solution is the value that a function approaches as its independent variable approaches a specific value. It is calculated by evaluating the function at values increasingly closer to the desired value. The purpose of determining the limiting solution is to understand the behavior of the function and make predictions. A function can have multiple limiting solutions, such as when it has a discontinuity or approaches different values from the left and right sides. To calculate the limiting solution of the function (h-1)3 +1)/h as h Approaches 0, we substitute 0 for h and simplify, resulting in a value of 1.
synergix

Homework Statement

lim ((h-1)3 +1)/h
h->0

The Attempt at a Solution

I couldn't get started on this one I don't know what to do

Physics news on Phys.org
Multiply (h-1)^3 out.

I was hoping i wouldn't have to do that but it was actually pretty easy I got one. thanks

Related to Limiting Solutions: (h-1)3 +1)/h as h Approaches 0

1. What is the definition of a limiting solution?

A limiting solution is the value that a function approaches as its independent variable approaches a specific value. It is also known as a limit.

2. How is the limiting solution of a function calculated?

The limiting solution of a function can be calculated by evaluating the function at values increasingly closer to the desired value and observing the resulting output values.

3. What is the purpose of determining the limiting solution of a function?

Determining the limiting solution of a function can help us understand the behavior of the function as the independent variable approaches a specific value. It can also help us solve complex problems and make predictions about the behavior of a system.

4. Can a function have multiple limiting solutions?

Yes, in some cases, a function can have multiple limiting solutions. This can occur when the function has a discontinuity or when the function approaches different values from the left and right sides of the desired value.

5. How is the limiting solution of the function (h-1)3 +1)/h as h Approaches 0 calculated?

To calculate the limiting solution of this function, we substitute 0 for h in the function and simplify. This results in a value of 1 as the limiting solution.