Little s and a in the PF logo?

• Thread starter daniel_i_l
  • Start date
In summary, there is a small "s" at the base of the "P" and a small "a" at the base of the "F" in the PF logo, which has caught the attention of some users. The thread discussing this has been made a sticky due to the frequent inquiries about it. It is suggested to use the Prime skin to see the logo more clearly. Also, there has been no official announcement about the passing of a member, but a memorial page is in the works. Some users may not be aware of this yet.
daniel_i_l
Gold Member
Why is there a little s a the base of the P and a little a at the base of the F in the PF logo (at the top of the page)?

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh.

I was wondering about the same thing.

Since we keep getting questions on this, I'm going to make this thread a sticky. I would sticky the original thread, but the title isn't as likely to catch the attention of those with this specific question, and it is linked in this thread.

oooh... never noticed this thread here.

sad times

Last edited:
I honestly don't see it. I've cleared my cache a billion times.

moose said:
I honestly don't see it. I've cleared my cache a billion times.
Use the Prime skin, if you're not already using it.

This happened some time ago. Why has there been no official announcement yet? I know there is a memorial page in the works, but there are probably still members that would be more than willing to contribute to that who still do not know about SA's passing.

neutrino said:
Use the Prime skin, if you're not already using it.

Oh thank you. Nexus is so much better though...

1. What do the "Little s and a" in the PF logo stand for?

The "Little s and a" in the PF logo represent the initials of the company's founder, Paul Fireman.

2. Why are the "Little s and a" in the PF logo lowercase?

The lowercase letters in the logo were chosen to give a more casual and approachable feel to the brand.

3. Is there any significance behind the font used for the "Little s and a" in the PF logo?

Yes, the font used in the logo is called Futura, which was chosen for its modern and timeless design.

4. Has the "Little s and a" in the PF logo always been a part of the brand?

No, the "Little s and a" were added to the logo in the 1980s when the company rebranded from its original name, "Hydro Dynamic Corporation".

5. Can customers use the "Little s and a" in the PF logo without permission?

No, the "Little s and a" in the PF logo are trademarked and cannot be used by anyone without the permission of the company.