Making Movies for Presentations

• Thread starter AndersonMD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movies
In summary, to make movies for presentations, you will need a video camera or smartphone with video capabilities, a tripod, a microphone for recording audio, and possibly editing software and a computer. The length of your movie should be under 5 minutes, but may vary depending on the topic. It is not advisable to use copyrighted material without permission, and incorporating visuals, multimedia, and storytelling techniques can make the movie more engaging. To ensure quality, have a clear script, good lighting and sound, and test the movie beforehand.
AndersonMD
Not sure which forum this would be appropriate.
I would like to start making professional looking videos to include in powerpoint presentations for conferences etc. Like make particles moving around, time dependent functions moving, etc.
Does anyone know a good way/program to do this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Do you want to make videos or do you mean animations on the slides themselves?

1. What equipment do I need to make movies for presentations?

To make movies for presentations, you will need a video camera or smartphone with video capabilities, a tripod, and a microphone for recording audio. You may also need editing software and a computer to edit and finalize the movie.

2. How long should my movie be for a presentation?

The length of your movie will depend on the purpose and context of your presentation. Generally, it is recommended to keep it under 5 minutes to maintain audience attention. However, for more complex or detailed topics, a longer movie may be appropriate.

3. Can I use copyrighted material in my movie for presentations?

In most cases, it is not advisable to use copyrighted material in your movie without permission. This includes music, images, and video clips. You can either obtain permission from the copyright holder or use royalty-free or creative commons licensed material.

4. How can I make my movie more engaging for the audience?

To make your movie more engaging, you can use a variety of visuals and multimedia elements such as animations, graphics, and transitions. You can also include interactive elements such as quizzes or polls to involve the audience. Additionally, incorporating storytelling techniques can make the movie more compelling.

5. How do I ensure the quality of my movie for presentations?

To ensure the quality of your movie, it is important to have a clear and concise script, good lighting and sound, and a well-edited final product. Test your movie beforehand to ensure it is playing properly and make necessary adjustments. It can also be helpful to get feedback from others before presenting it.