1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Materials science book recommendation

1. Aug 19, 2008 #1
    I posted this in a different board, but I think this is a better place, so I'm reposting.

I'm taking a materials science class (in Korea) but I'd like a decent English-language textbook to supplement the class-recommended material. The specific class name in English is "MECHANICAL BEHAVIOR OF MATERIALS" and the syllabus is as follows:

Week # - Material (pun not intended) to cover
    1 - o. Introduction to mechanics of materials / o. Elements of mechanics of materials
    2 - o. Stress and strain / o. Stress-strain diagram
    3 - o. Thermal stress / o. Analysis of stress and strain / o. Simple stress on inclined sections
    4 - o. Simple stress and Mohr`s circle / o. Biaxial stress
    5 - o. Biaxial stress and Mohr`s circle / o. Plane stress and Principal stress and Mohr`s circle
    6 - o. Properties of plane figure / o. moment of inertia and parallel axis theorem / o. Shearing force of a beam and bending moment
    7 - o. Shearing force diagram (S.F.D.) and bending moment diagram (B.M.D.) / o. Bending stress of a beam and flexure formula / o. Deflection of a beam
    8 - Midterms
    9 - o. Strength and fracture behavior of materials / o. Theoretical strength and actual
    strength of materials
    10 - o. Griffith equation and Irwin equation / o. Probability of failure and Weibull statistics
    11 - o. Fatigue and fracture of materials / o. Life prediction of materials
    12 - o. Thermal shock fracture of materials / o. Thermal shock fracture resistance
    13 - o. Thermal shock damage resistance / o. Some theory of thermal shock fracture
    14 - o. Strength degradation by thermal shock / o. Thermal fatigue phenomena of materials
    15 - o. Creep of materials
    16 - Finals

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted