Did I Miss Something? PM Membership Renewal Notice

• Thread starter GeorginaS
  • Start date
In summary: If you're still having issues, you can try clicking on the link at the top left of the page that says "My PF" and changing your user settings so you don't get all those thread update emails if you don't want them.
GeorginaS
Did I miss something? Or does PF send a notice when it's time to renew one's membership? It's possible I deleted an e-mail without realising. Or is an e-mail sent out at all?

I was perplexed when suddenly my PM box was beyond capacity and I could have sworn the storage was larger. And then my sock monkey was gone, and I knew something was up.

So, just curious. Are notices sent out? And has it actually been one more whole year?

Physics news on Phys.org
If I remember correctly, my notice of expiration was sent out a week before deadline.

I must have just missed it and/or accidentally deleted it, then.

Congratulations on another year Georgina!

Aww, thanks Evo. :smile: waht's correct, though, yes? Some sort of notice was sent out and being the lunkhead sort that I can be, I missed it?

GeorginaS said:
Aww, thanks Evo. :smile: waht's correct, though, yes? Some sort of notice was sent out and being the lunkhead sort that I can be, I missed it?
Is the e-mail address we have on file for you still correct?

Evo said:
Is the e-mail address we have on file for you still correct?

Yep. :smile: I get scads of thread update e-mails from PF every day. Likely it was buried in amongst those, and I just missed it.

GeorginaS said:
Yep. :smile: I get scads of thread update e-mails from PF every day. Likely it was buried in amongst those, and I just missed it.

Did you know you can click on that link at the top left of the page that says "My PF" and change your user settings so you don't get all those thread update emails if you don't want them? Some people like them, some don't but don't know they can turn off subscriptions, or change how often they get notices of new posts in threads they're subscribed to, etc.

Usually there is an email, so if you're getting a lot of emails about posts in threads you've subscribed to, you might have missed it. Sometimes emails get a little kerflukey, but if you're getting all the others, that's not likely the problem.

1. What is "Did I Miss Something? PM Membership Renewal Notice"?

"Did I Miss Something? PM Membership Renewal Notice" is a notification sent to members of a scientific organization informing them of their upcoming membership renewal deadline.

2. Who receives the "Did I Miss Something? PM Membership Renewal Notice"?

The "Did I Miss Something? PM Membership Renewal Notice" is sent to all current members of the scientific organization who have a membership expiration date coming up.

3. When is the deadline for membership renewal?

The deadline for membership renewal is typically included in the "Did I Miss Something? PM Membership Renewal Notice" and can vary depending on the specific organization's policies. It is important to renew before the deadline to maintain active membership status.

4. How can I renew my membership?

The "Did I Miss Something? PM Membership Renewal Notice" will provide instructions on how to renew your membership. This can typically be done online through the organization's website or by mail with a paper form.

5. What happens if I miss the deadline for membership renewal?

If you miss the deadline for membership renewal, your membership status may become inactive and you may no longer have access to certain benefits and resources provided by the organization. However, you may still be able to renew your membership after the deadline, but there may be additional fees or requirements.