Messier 45: Image from Oct 6th/2013

• Thread starter spark802
  • Start date
  • Tags
In summary, the conversation is about astrophotography and the equipment used to capture an image of the Messier 45. The speaker used a Canon 550d camera with a 6" telescope, a HEQ-5 mount, and backyardEOS software for camera control. They took a 100 second exposure at ISO 1600 and processed the image in Paint Shop Pro. The other person suggests getting more exposure time and using an autoguider for better results. The speaker mentions having trouble with DeepSkyStacker software and plans to buy a different software in the future.
spark802
Here's an image of Messier 45 from Oct 6th/2013.

Attachments

• M45 oc13 j.jpg
    M45 oc13 j.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 468
Astronomy news on Phys.org
very nice ^...equipment?

Nice! A little more exposure time should really bring out that dust.

Thank you...yes I forgot that. Astro-tech 6" newt, Canon 550d, tracked on a HEQ-5, used backyardEOS on laptop for cam control, 100 secs, ISO 1600, single raw image, processed in paint shop pro.

thanks Drak!

spark802 said:
Thank you...yes I forgot that. Astro-tech 6" newt, Canon 550d, tracked on a HEQ-5, used backyardEOS on laptop for cam control, 100 secs, ISO 1600, single raw image, processed in paint shop pro.

Oh wow. Yeah, you've only got about a minute and a half of exposure time. Get a good hour or so and you'll be amazed at the difference.

I have an SSAG auto-guider cam I bought used. I'm just waiting to buy the right smaller guide scope for it.

Then I can go to town :)

spark802 said:
I have an SSAG auto-guider cam I bought used. I'm just waiting to buy the right smaller guide scope for it.

Then I can go to town :)

You don't need to autoguide, though it makes things easier. You can take multiple short exposures and stack them together.

Yes I understand that , but I have had trouble with dss , I actually shot five of these at 50 or 60 seconds. Then a coupleat a 100 secs.I may buy aip4win this winter

Related to Messier 45: Image from Oct 6th/2013

1. What is Messier 45?

Messier 45, also known as the Pleiades or Seven Sisters, is a cluster of stars located in the constellation of Taurus. It is one of the closest and most easily visible star clusters to Earth.

2. How was the image of Messier 45 captured on October 6th, 2013?

The image was most likely captured using a telescope and a digital camera or a specialized astronomical camera. The telescope gathers the light from the stars and the camera records the image.

3. Why is the image from October 6th, 2013 significant?

The image from this date may have been taken during a special astronomical event, such as a meteor shower or planetary alignment. It could also be significant because of the quality of the image or the specific equipment used to capture it.

4. How far away is Messier 45 from Earth?

Messier 45 is approximately 444 light years away from Earth. This means that the light we see from the cluster in the image was emitted 444 years ago.

5. What can we learn from studying images of Messier 45?

Studying images of Messier 45 can help us better understand the formation and evolution of stars and star clusters. It can also provide insights into the structure and composition of the universe.