Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Metallurgy and materials engineering

1. Oct 22, 2008 #1
    hi everbody..

i graduated form metallurgy and metarials engineering.. ı want to do my master degree..l've been having trouble choosing the field.. i m intersted in carbon fibers about textile.. but ı didnt take any class for this material..

so what u think carbon fibers ın textile will be a good area for me..do u see any future for this material.. i hope ı describe my self sorry for bad english.. i m waiting for your suggestions.. thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2008 #2

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Carbon fiber composites are common now in aircraft and some automobile applications. With high strength and low mass/weight, CFC's are attractive with regard to helping reduce fuel utilization.

4. Nov 12, 2008 #3
    Carbon fibres are both present and future. All attempts to make better competitors failed up to now, so they will probably remain the standard choice for high-performance composite.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?