Mixture Formula: Combining 2+ Fluids

In summary, the conversation is about the mixture formula for combining two or more fluids, specifically for calculating the final temperature when mixing water at different temperatures. The formula for specific heat capacity is recommended, with the additional suggestion to use simultaneous equations. The conversation ends with a clarification and apology for the confusion.
pavadrin
What is the mixture formula when combining two or more fluids?
Thanks
Pavdarin

Physics news on Phys.org
pavadrin said:
What is the mixture formula when combining two or more fluids?
Thanks
Pavdarin

Do you mean the rate of diffusion?

~H

sorry for not beign specific before hand
i mean't the mixture formula of heat difference for subnstances of the same phase

pavadrin said:
sorry for not beign specific before hand
i mean't the mixture formula of heat difference for subnstances of the same phase

Sorry, I don't quite understand. Do you have a specific example?

~H

umm...
if i have 1 kg of water at 100 degrees and 10 kg of water at zero, what formaula or series of formulas would i use to to calculate the final temperature

Ahh, you would simply use the equation for specific heat capacity [itex]\Delta Q = mc\Delta\theta[/itex]. You would have to use simultaneous equations. HINT: The energy lost by the water at 100 degrees must be equal to the energy gained by the water at zero degrees.

~H

k thanks hootenanny, sorry for the confusion

pavadrin said:
k thanks hootenanny, sorry for the confusion

No problem, I was worried for a moment then because I'd never heard of such a formula :confused: :biggrin:

~H

Related to Mixture Formula: Combining 2+ Fluids

1. What is the formula for combining two fluids?

The formula for combining two fluids is usually written as M1V1 + M2V2 = M3V3, where M represents the molarity or concentration of the solution and V represents the volume of the solution.

2. Can any two fluids be combined using this formula?

No, this formula is specifically used for combining two solutions with known concentrations and volumes. It cannot be used for combining two pure liquids or substances.

3. How do you calculate the final concentration of the mixture?

The final concentration of the mixture can be calculated by dividing the total moles of solute (M1V1 + M2V2) by the total volume of the mixture (V3). This will give you the molarity or concentration of the final mixture.

4. Are there any other factors to consider when mixing two fluids?

Yes, when mixing two fluids, it is important to consider the compatibility of the fluids, the temperature and pressure conditions, and any chemical reactions that may occur between the two fluids.

5. Can this formula be applied to mix more than two fluids?

Yes, this formula can be expanded to mix more than two fluids. The general formula for mixing n fluids is M1V1 + M2V2 + ... + MnVn = M3V3, where M represents the molarity and V represents the volume of each solution.