Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Modelling non linear springs in abaqus

1. Sep 5, 2011 #1
    Dear,

First i modelled linear springs with abaqus: Model >> Assembly >> Engineering Features >> Springs/Dashpots >> Connect two points, In this way i can define just only the spring stiffness.

So therefore i would like to define a non linear springs. I used the connecter builder >> connected the same two points, Created connecten section: basic, axial >> Elasticity, Non linear, Force F1, Uncoupled en i defined three points of the force-displacement behaviour.

In the connector Buileder meno i Created CSYS on axis between points, axis 1 / CSYS 2: Use CSYS 1.

So fare so good i thought,

but: in my results i see that the non-linear spring doesn't carry any load, while first of all in the model with the linear spring (by using the spings/dashpot menu) the springs do carry load.

Is there anyone who have had this problem before?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2013 #2
    Hello,
    Even I get the same problem. The non-linear spring doesn't carry any force. How did u resolve this. please help me with this

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook