Can You Throw a Cow Chip? Exploring the World of Unusual Sports

• Thread starter lah214
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sports
In summary, the conversation included a discussion about the most ridiculous sport someone has heard of, with suggestions such as curling, ring-ball, sumo wrestling with one leg, and chess boxing. Other unusual sports mentioned were kayak polo, lawn darts, waterfall climbing, ball badminton, and wife carrying. The conversation also touched on synchronized swimming, hockey (when fighting was allowed), and golf. Some of the most bizarre sports mentioned were cheese rolling, foot volleyball, and playing basketball on trampolines.
binzing said:
That's ice climbing not waterfall climbing. They do it in Ouray every year.

It is still ridiculous no mater how much they do it. Fun though...

Physics news on Phys.org
I seem to remember some thread about an Ultimate Fighting Children's League in Missouri...:uhh:

I'll add another vote on curling. That's just hilarious to watch, particularly the sweepers.

As a second choice, I'd pick ping pong. Fine as a game, but once I saw it attained competitive sport status as an Olympic event, I nearly died laughing.

I have a silly sport that makes all those silly sports look half way respectable... extreme ironing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MV7-tMrbiM&feature=related
I'm not sure how well the ironing itself was done, but there are defiantly points awarded for being at terminal velocity while making the attempt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waterpolo.
(ridiculously awesome)
best shape I have ever been is was while I played competitively, now in college my team is real laid-back and lazy

I decided to to buka ball (or takraw). Its pretty hilarious, so thanks!

TheStatutoryApe said:
http://www.wiscowchip.com/

"Cow Chip" ThrowingI win. ;-p

I didn't know you competed. Hope you wash your hands afterwards
:tongue2: